Kalvin Phillips

I remember him coming on in a CL group game that was already won, he had a pretty decent chance near the end, missed it and smiled to himself.

That summed him up for me, he wasn't arsed. I know he's not in the team to score goals and the game was won, but having done literally nothing in a City shirt he should have been frustrated as hell, that could have been a good moment for him, given him a bit of confidence and you never know, but to just smile and shrug his shoulders like it didn't matter said it all. People said he always had a smile on his face but he should have been hugely pissed off with his lack of game time, but that didn't seem to be the case at all. Look at Haaland's reaction on Saturday after missing chances, the difference in mentality there is huge.

Kalvin will end up where Jack Rodwell ended up, wherever that was.

I remember him coming on in a CL group game that was already won, he had a pretty decent chance near the end, missed it and smiled to himself.

That summed him up for me, he wasn't arsed. I know he's not in the team to score goals and the game was won, but having done literally nothing in a City shirt he should have been frustrated as hell, that could have been a good moment for him, given him a bit of confidence and you never know, but to just smile and shrug his shoulders like it didn't matter said it all. People said he always had a smile on his face but he should have been hugely pissed off with his lack of game time, but that didn't seem to be the case at all. Look at Haaland's reaction on Saturday after missing chances, the difference in mentality there is huge.

Kalvin will end up where Jack Rodwell ended up, wherever that was.

I didn't mind that tbh.

The way I saw it was just that he knew he was right at the back of the pecking order for City. Now, if you feel that's undeserved and you deserve to play and are good enough, better even than those playing, then you'd react as you suggest and be annoyed.

That he just smiled showed me that he knew being a last resort for City was actually the correct place for him.

Just never, ever, anywhere near good enough.

We're not getting a penny for him. Nobody will even offer half his current wages

Yep, thats the problem now. Unless he's truly desperate to play regularly then what incentive has he got to move on if he's going to get nowhere near the wages?

Hopefully someone comes in for him and he wants to move on and play regularly and is OK to take the hit on his wages.

Saudi might be the ticket, depending on how the saudis approach the summer when players are available. If they're throwing money around still, then I'm sure they would be happy to get an England International ans Man City player over there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.