Kalvin Phillips

That perfectly encapsulated what a pathetic small time spineless **** he is.

Rather than doing what all successful players do and ignoring the (in this case very mild) criticism that they get as something that comes with the territory, he reacts to it in a classless, juvenile and cowardly way.

I wish him nothing but

I wish him misfortune based on his whole persona really.

Feeling sorry for himself at City, not being professional, happy to piggyback on the successes of others, taking the easy option and lounging around as an unvalued squad member rather than biting the bullet much earlier and getting a move elsewhere etc etc.

I think we all start from a position of wanting to admire footballers (certain club rivalries aside) and we’re naturally disappointed when they conduct themselves as poorly as Phillips.

Shame you’re too daft to see that
Nice comments re Phillips and to a fellow City fan , wishing this lad further misfortune is a wierd take on someone out of his depth at City who clearly should not have left home.

I don't understood how his form has nosedived so much. I was actually made up when we got him for just over 40 million from Leeds. A decent holding midfield player who had a pass on him and was English too. I thought we could give Rodri a rest in some easier games. Now he'd struggle to get a game for the dog and duck local pub team. While the penalty was harsh, you can see Gordon laughing with teammates when it was given, his non closing down of Barnes for the winner was criminal.

He's certainly had a topsy-turvy couple of years, the lad.
Everything seemed to collapse for him after that shoe picture was distributed.
It's just something he couldn't recover from.
No bouncebackability!
He should have worn clogs as they would have been more appropriate:)

not seen him do anything positive in any match I’ve ever seen him play.
He is apalling, I honestly can’t think of any bit of his game he is good at
The guy is done and We will never sell him.
It will be loan move to leeds or nothing

That perfectly encapsulated what a pathetic small time spineless **** he is.

Rather than doing what all successful players do and ignoring the (in this case very mild) criticism that they get as something that comes with the territory, he reacts to it in a classless, juvenile and cowardly way.

I wish him nothing but misfortune
behave

Subbed in at 69 mins 3-1 up, to then lose 4-3 with him at fault for the pen and then the winner. Is there another case of where a footballer has had a worse impact at a club in such a short space of time?
At the moment it feels like in every match the worst that could go wrong, does go wrong!

At this stage he surely needs to go back down to league 1/championship level to build his career back up again.

Subbed in at 69 mins 3-1 up, to then lose 4-3 with him at fault for the pen and then the winner. Is there another case of where a footballer has had a worse impact at a club in such a short space of time?
At the moment it feels like in every match the worst that could go wrong, does go wrong!

At this stage he surely needs to go back down to league 1/championship level to build his career back up again.
Can we loan him to the rags or red scousers..

I think he would now mate. Needs to get away from the press and already lost his England spot. If I was him, it’d be Italy. Slower pace, lovely weather, better food.
Italy is a good shout for their style of play. I just think he’s a bit of a home bird/mammys boy to move abroad. He could sit on his city contract and be set for life anyway.

His life long absent Dad is due out of prison, the lad looks like he's in one. The people goading were Geordies wanting pictures the WHU fans long gone . Leeds bound.
Why would Leeds want him?

He's broken and it's one hell of a gamble to taken on a player in such a state.

I don't understood how his form has nosedived so much. I was actually made up when we got him for just over 40 million from Leeds. A decent holding midfield player who had a pass on him and was English too. I thought we could give Rodri a rest in some easier games. Now he'd struggle to get a game for the dog and duck local pub team. While the penalty was harsh, you can see Gordon laughing with teammates when it was given, his non closing down of Barnes for the winner was criminal.
Or is it a case of a very average player having an exceptional 18 months of form which included the Euros?

It would not be the first time a player had a great International Tournament and got a big move that did not work out.

1711879188842.png

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.