Kalvin Phillips

Now, I wished Phillips well in his attempt to make it at City and, unfortunately, it's not turned out at all for him.

With that said, unless someone can post criticisms he's had of our club and or fans, I don't understand the vitriol he's getting from so-called 'Blues' for a player that's still one of us.

Like I said, unless he's said something detrimental towards us, you should be ashamed of yourselves for this barrage of insults on a kid that has suffered a lack of confidence that could easily lead to depression.

Cannot believe how his career has sunk since he joined us as he is clearly a good player but he must have run over a black cat as his luck is totally out.

He needs to drop down a league or two, to give himself a chance at rebuilding his confidence and form, If that fails then he needs to change career.

Cannot believe how his career has sunk since he joined us as he is clearly a good player but he must have run over a black cat as his luck is totally out.

Is he clearly a good player?

He's had one decent season in the Premier League. His second season with Leeds was mostly injuries and mediocre performances, then he joined us and did nothing. Before that one decent season he was a championship player. You could really say all this about Patrick Bamford, he had one good season too. I don't see Champions League teams wanting him.

There's also the myth he had a great euros, which isn't true either. He was OK against the teams we should beat and was anonymous in the latter stages. Something I pointed out on here even before he signed him.

I really just think his level is around where he's mostly been, somewhere between championship and lower PL level. Couldn't understand the signing when it occurred.

But obviously people at the club saw something in him, these are people who have forgotten more than we will ever know so you have to trust them. I just don't know what they were seeing. Seems Pep sussed out quite quickly he wasn't much good though, or at least not good enough for us.

This isn't having a dig at the lad though, just an observation. You can't be something you're not and he's not the level of player to be playing at our level. There's no shame in that, very few are.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.