Kalvin Phillips

Is he clearly a good player?

He's had one decent season in the Premier League. His second season with Leeds was mostly injuries and mediocre performances, then he joined us and did nothing. Before that one decent season he was a championship player. You could really say all this about Patrick Bamford, he had one good season too. I don't see Champions League teams wanting him.

There's also the myth he had a great euros, which isn't true either. He was OK against the teams we should beat and was anonymous in the latter stages. Something I pointed out on here even before he signed him.

I really just think his level is around where he's mostly been, somewhere between championship and lower PL level. Couldn't understand the signing when it occurred.

But obviously people at the club saw something in him, these are people who have forgotten more than we will ever know so you have to trust them. I just don't know what they were seeing. Seems Pep sussed out quite quickly he wasn't much good though, or at least not good enough for us.

This isn't having a dig at the lad though, just an observation. You can't be something you're not and he's not the level of player to be playing at our level. There's no shame in that, very few are.
Good post mate and yes it’s opened my eyes abit more

Is he clearly a good player?

He's had one decent season in the Premier League. His second season with Leeds was mostly injuries and mediocre performances, then he joined us and did nothing. Before that one decent season he was a championship player. You could really say all this about Patrick Bamford, he had one good season too. I don't see Champions League teams wanting him.

There's also the myth he had a great euros, which isn't true either. He was OK against the teams we should beat and was anonymous in the latter stages. Something I pointed out on here even before he signed him.

I really just think his level is around where he's mostly been, somewhere between championship and lower PL level. Couldn't understand the signing when it occurred.

But obviously people at the club saw something in him, these are people who have forgotten more than we will ever know so you have to trust them. I just don't know what they were seeing. Seems Pep sussed out quite quickly he wasn't much good though, or at least not good enough for us.

This isn't having a dig at the lad though, just an observation. You can't be something you're not and he's not the level of player to be playing at our level. There's no shame in that, very few are.
I am still amazed we signed him and agree with all the above.

I think he's eventually going to go down as our worst signing ever, pound for pound. The guys usually thrown into this bracket often have contributed something, but we're prone to hyberbole. I honestly can't remember Kalvin playing a single decent game in his limited minutes here.

I suspect there aren't many places who will take a player on his wages on loan next year, Leeds being the only option I think.

We may just have to accept him being a squad player over the next few years, almost like Scot Carson, just be a happy fella in training, and if ever needed, atleast try to be useful.

I suspect there aren't many places who will take a player on his wages on loan next year, Leeds being the only option I think.

We may just have to accept him being a squad player over the next few years, almost like Scot Carson, just be a happy fella in training, and if ever needed, atleast try to be useful.
Not a chance he is anywhere near our club next season, he would be freed before that option.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.