Kalvin Phillips

Just for some context on our BM scouting gurus some still posting today.

“Oil tanker is faster than Rodri.
Get rid while we can.”
“Slow as piss this lad. He’ll never change”
“Plays far to slow, quicker he’s sold the better.”
“A liability as per. Surely Pep can see his glaring weakness. For fuck sake lad pass it forward “
“Hate to be harsh on a player, but Rodri is toilet and I can't believe we face another season this reliant on him. Fern's on his last legs and all we have is Rodri in that 6 role”
Can’t hear you? Hello?

We're all Blues, but some need to behave regarding the slagging of players, imo.
Ah, there you are. having given me both barrels for, in your words, slagging him off- ( I didn’t, I gave a constructive personal perspective) what do you think now? Time yet for an apology? Nah, didn’t think you’d have the cahonies for that. Perhaps at least acknowledge that maybe there’s another opinion you hadn’t considered before ‘slagging off‘ other posters who see things differently. This guy isn’t good enough, never was, never is and never will be. End of.

Last edited:
I want him succeed but it was really frustrating to watch a CM player not seek the ball when we're losing and need momentum.

All seems to be getting very emotional on here but, in the cold light of day, I think the issue relates more to his physicality rather than needing a year or so to understand how to fit into our system.

He's been fit for months now, and spoke of how he wanted to come back fitter than ever this summer in order to make an impression. Fundamentally though he looks way off the pace, slow to turn and react, ponderous on the ball and very, very slow when making recovery runs.

Personally I think we need someone far better to cover and occasionally partner Rodri in the middle.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.