Kalvin Phillips

well it depends on how important your professional integrity is as a person I guess....for me its everything.....but as you say if he doesnt have any then fair enough....but that for me would make him a lesser person.

Imagine looking back on your career and saying that you spent it doing sweet FA and playing very little to zero parti n anything your company/team achieved...you just sat their and did very little and took the money.

I personally would rather work my ass off to achieve the best I can than just sit there and take money but I guess each to their own.

Different people have different motivations so I think it's quite pompous and judgemental of you to call him a lesser person when you know sweet FA about him.

These guys have most of their lives after football where their earning power will be a tiny fraction of what they can earn now. Who knows what his circumstances are; look at Danny Mills' motivation.

Nobody forced City to offer him that wedge, good luck to him.

Hopefully the move will be a success for both the player and Ipswich, and he will regain his confidence from playing regularly.

well it depends on how important your professional integrity is as a person I guess....for me its everything.....but as you say if he doesnt have any then fair enough....but that for me would make him a lesser person.

Imagine looking back on your career and saying that you spent it doing sweet FA and playing very little to zero parti n anything your company/team achieved...you just sat their and did very little and took the money.

I personally would rather work my ass off to achieve the best I can than just sit there and take money but I guess each to their own.
How do you know he sits there and takes the money? Do you watch him every day in training? Do you know every aspect of his life as a pro footballer that can conclude you to say he sits there and takes the money?

How do you know he sits there and takes the money? Do you watch him every day in training? Do you know every aspect of his life as a pro footballer that can conclude you to say he sits there and takes the money?
well if he aint playing then he is taking money for practising his work not actually playing.......so yes that is what he is basically doing when opposed to the other alternative of going somewhere else and getting on the pitch in actual competative matches.....

Maybe its the difference between a winners mentality and something else

Different people have different motivations so I think it's quite pompous and judgemental of you to call him a lesser person when you know sweet FA about him.

These guys have most of their lives after football where their earning power will be a tiny fraction of what they can earn now. Who knows what his circumstances are; look at Danny Mills' motivation.

Nobody forced City to offer him that wedge, good luck to him.
their tiny fraction is vastly more than the average person...... its hardly work now is it?

Good move for all. Just hope he's somewhere close to fitness before he's chucked in - dont want another disaster debut like he did at West Ham.

Hoping it could be similar to Ross Barkley's move to Luton - has a good a season and then gets a permanent move to a stronger team.

Good luck to him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.