Kalvin Phillips

This player has done nothing wrong, apart from (perhaps) returning from holiday a little over his target weight. Injury and operations are not his fault. He may or may not be good enough for us, now or at any time, but he certainly doesn't warrant some of the abuse that he seems to attract in here. If he wants to stay and fight for a place, he is entitled to that, and some would describe that as loyalty, passion, or ambition.

Last edited:
Some transfers don’t work. Of course it’s entirely his perogative to see out his contract if he wants, but a bench warming role seems way below his talent level, and I’m not sure he could class himself as a serious footballer.

I’m certainly not screaming his name in anger, I just can’t believe he isn’t looking elsewhere.

I'm not sure it is below his talent level. He's just a very, very limited footballer and it was obvious before he joined.

We got one wrong, as we do every now and then, and now we have to live with that decision. If Kalvin wants to stay and fight for his place or simply see out the contract he was offered then fair enough. Maybe the only offers he's had have been from relegation candidates? Who knows.

But I don't get the obsession. His thread is almost three times the length of any other player's and we're three games into the season.

This player has done nothing wrong, apart from (perhaps) returning from holiday a little over his target weight. Injury and operations are not his fault. He may or may not be good enough for us, now or at any time, but he certainly doesn't warrant some of the abuse that he seems to attract in here. If he wants to stay and fight for a place, he is entitled to that, and some would describe that as loyalty, passion, or ambition.

Yep and coming back early this season and guess why he did? To flog his prime Tv video!

Pep seen him day in day out for over 12 months I judge him more than anyone on here personally!

Yep and coming back early this season and guess why he did? To flog his prime Tv video!

Pep seen him day in day out for over 12 months I judge him more than anyone on here personally!
I personally don't understand this take. He may have returned to flog his video, but how would I know if that was true, or not? I choose to believe that he returned to try and make sure he was ready: it fits with his demeanour and his reputation, and it would be strange if we suddenly ignored any inquiry into a player's personal qualities just for this signing. I haven't followed anyone's posts in this thread, and I have no idea if you have been more critical than most, but my standpoint is always to support the player, completely, until they do something or say something to harm the team or squad, or if they leave on bad terms. I wish all past, present and future blues the best in their career, unless they have treated us shabbily.

I get so pissed reading some of the comments.

I know he's a nice lad and all that and it looks like he genuinely roots for us to win and urges the team on, but I cant help feeling he's lacking a bit of ruthlessness, he's too happy being on the sides, I think his mindset is still that of an imposter.
I'm not suggesting he go all Cancelo, but time to get an edge and a bit of fire Kelvin. Believe.

Obviously perception from me, but i don't think he is fighting for a place. Looks from the outside like he's very happy riding the coat tails. Like I said above, I get the impression he's still star struck.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.