Kalvin Phillips

Have we been transported into high school?
The majority here claims to be at least middle-aged, yet this sort of language (used by the poster you are responding to) is a common occurrence. Just saying :).

Yes, I remember those three from the distant past. The worst one was when we were playing Newcastle and I think we were 4-0 up and Joe let a Malcolm MacDonald daisy cutter through his legs. The next time he picked the ball up there was a loud cheer from parts of the crowd, it wasn't as if his howler affected the outcome but I can only imagine what that crowd reaction did to his confidence.
Does anyone remember when Big Joe kicked the ball upfield on a boggy Maine rd pitch against West Ham, turned around to go back to his goal & West Ham player volleyed it into his net .ha!ha!
But having said that, Big Joe had the bollocks & guts to turn things around.
A City Legend.

Does anyone remember when Big Joe kicked the ball upfield on a boggy Maine rd pitch against West Ham, turned around to go back to his goal & West Ham player volleyed it into his net .ha!ha!
A City Legend.
I do indeed mate, I also remember being at Big Joes' testimonial sat in the North Stand and somebody shouted, we remember West Ham Joe, he just turned looked straight at them and laughed.

I do indeed mate, I also remember being at Big Joes' testimonial sat in the North Stand and somebody shouted, we remember West Ham Joe, he just turned looked straight at them and laughed.
Similar story at Johnny Hart's testimonial, Bert was playing one half in goal and Joe was crouched near the goal watching Bert's positioning etc and a wag shouted, "He's 50 and he's still better than you".

A City Legend.
Think big Joe was one of the worst goalkeepers we have ever had. Who then went on to be one off the best.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.