Kalvin Phillips

It can't be easy to come on when you have so few minutes to get any sort of rhythm but I'd be lying if I said that he's not noticeably off the pace when he does play.

I wonder how it feels for him to see players that just joined and are already playing full games and he still only gets to play the last 10 minutes.

Is it a coincidence that since he joined Rodri has gone to greater heights or is it an accident?

Competition breeds success, Rodri is now probably the best CDM in the world and he is becoming more like Yaya every game, would he have achieved that if it were not for the competition of Phillips,

Football is more complex than just getting game time, he appears happy in the squad, he is part of one of the greatest squads ever seen in British football, yes the lack of game time must frustrate him, but Rodri can not play every game and he will get games as will the rest of what is a pretty small first team squad.

Is it a coincidence that since he joined Rodri has gone to greater heights or is it an accident?

Competition breeds success, Rodri is now probably the best CDM in the world and he is becoming more like Yaya every game, would he have achieved that if it were not for the competition of Phillips,

Football is more complex than just getting game time, he appears happy in the squad, he is part of one of the greatest squads ever seen in British football, yes the lack of game time must frustrate him, but Rodri can not play every game and he will get games as will the rest of what is a pretty small first team squad.
You are not seriously suggesting that Philips is to be credited with Rodris meteoric rise. Good grief why cant people just admit he's not at the level we need. 1000s of pages of discussion about a player who rarely if ever gets game time.

You are not seriously suggesting that Philips is to be credited with Rodris meteoric rise. Good grief why cant people just admit he's not at the level we need. 1000s of pages of discussion about a player who rarely if ever gets game time.

I think the simple notion having competition for starting position even for someone like Philips is lost on you.

I think the simple notion having competition for starting position even for someone like Philips is lost on you.

Rodri had Fernandinho to compete against before, I don't think Kalvin had anything to do with it. Rodri is just a student of the game, never stops working and learning from Pep.

Didn't do a lot with the ball but absolutely rocketed back to try and make a tackle. Pace and energy I didn't see from him last season. Baby steps, but a positive sign nonetheless.
Wasn’t that when he passed the ball to an opposing player while he was under next to no pressure? A back pass as well..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.