Kamala Harris

Kudos to her for going into the 'lions den' of fox and trying to bridge the huge divide in American politics. I don't think she came out of it well though and it was probably not worth the risk.
What are you taking about? Did you watch it? I thought she was fine. Quite good even.

Kudos to her for going into the 'lions den' of fox and trying to bridge the huge divide in American politics. I don't think she came out of it well though and it was probably not worth the risk.
She actually did better than I expected. And Bret while tough and very good was a little poorer than I expected.

1. Her response to the Laken Riley question about apologizing was very good. But she flubbed it a bit trying to pivot immediately after the apology. She should have just let the apology stand. It was her most human moment. And the greatest contrast to Trump (who's greatest weakness is an inability to admit to being wrong.)

But she immediately pivoted and went into a prepped " but the problem is Trump didn't support a yada yada yada..) She almost missed her best moments there. But I'll still give it to her. She dug deep and found the right answer. Can forgive the natural urge to return to attacking Trump.

2. She won the question about Trump calling Americans enemies, especially because Fox cut off the part where Trump actually said it and she called them out on it. In reality, Trump called her and other Democrats and operatives who support a bunch of policies that are anti-American in his view, enemies.

Bret should have simply pointed out the Truth that Trump was simply mimicking the rhetoric she and her team use against him. "Fascist, threat to Democracy!" vs "Marxist, enemies of the Country." So a win for her by disqualification on that point.

At one point on the question of the country heading in the wrong direction and "turning the page" a slogan she and lots of her surrogates tend to use, Bret pointed out that but Ma'am, you've been to the vice president and held power the last 3.5 years...
In response she began "but Trump has been..." And you can see her recognize mid sentence that this was not a good response. But Bret saved her by interrupting and asking another question. Another loss for him.

As this is hostile environment, the interview was purposely focused on her claims, deficiencies and untruths. Something she hasn't faced anywhere or at anytime since she's been a national figure. Her job was to do her best to rope a dope, and stretch out her answers to fill up the time without saying anything worthwhile ( or harmful) to her cause.

In that respect, she was marginally successful. She Filibustered well, and Bret had the hard task of having to interrupt her filibusters without seeming overly combative.

They both had tough jobs. Bret and his crew did a fantastic job setting up there questions using sources left leaning minds will agree with, and used videos of her in her own words or others in there own words explaining the issue she is struggling with. In that respect they were very good. Except for that one time about Trump, and about 2 or 3 other times when he just asked rather than show the question by playing her in her own words.

Overall, a far better hostile interview than any hostile interviews your find on ABC, CBS or MSNBC. I'd put this on par with Lulu's interview of JD Vance. Hostile, mostly factual (albeit snarky like leftist interviewers and supporters in general always are), but fair.

Oh and Lulu lost unlike Bret :)

Last edited:
I didn't cover the points she lost ( most of them) as that's expected in a hostile interview. Especially when you are not very knowledgeable about the positions you purportedly hold and you are not particularly quick on your feet. Both weaknesses the VP has.

Even Charlemagne who's a supporter asked her why she was so scripted and robotic with her answers. Meaning, you can predict what she'll say because she repeats canned stump speeches to questions... She laughed and claimed some say it's robotic but she sees it as being disciplined.

A great answer, seeing that being disciplined is another weakness of Trump's. However, the downside to that is that any interviewer can almost predict her response to a T. And have well prepared followup questions that debunk or drills down on her last statement.

You could see some of the Fox questions were 1 2 3 punches. As each question elicited an obvious answer, that had another question tied to it. On 2 occasions Bret even preempts her answer by going to the next question before she gave the answer...

Seeing as he was pressed for time ( she was only going to do 30 minutes) He assumed the canned answers before they came out of her mouth.

From that perspective, it was an interesting watch. And I enjoyed the cat an mouse game. She was like a lower league team with a one goal lead trying to run out the clock. And Bret was like atop team trying to get all the shots in before the time runs out.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if I believe Bret. That's a pretty convenient "mistake" to make, painting Trump in a misleadingly positive light on the extremely pro-Trump Fox News network.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.