Karim Rekik joins PSV on loan.

moomba said:
salfordpaul said:
Gone to Portsmouth and been played out of position and struggled

Was very good at Portsmouth IIRC.

He was, I don't know what Paul's agenda is here. Portsmouth fans thought he was excellent. And players develop at different speeds so the Nastasic comparison isn't that relevant as Nastasic is a freak. Vidic was on loan at Spartak Subotica when he was the same age as Nastasic and Thiago Silva couldn't get a game at Porto so was sold for pennies to Dynamo Moscow where he also failed and was sold back to Brazil (he didn't become top class till his mid-20s).

Neville Kneville said:
FantasyIreland said:
Neville Kneville said:
Nice work.

Paul is jumping the gun writing him off, but Rekik's problem is likely to be his physical build & his athletic prowess, pace etc or lack of it.

If he is to become a central defender in the Premier League, then he has a lot of improvements to make in his strategic abilies to compensate for the physical deficiencies, some of which he will probably never fix. If he can't jump or run high/fast enough now, it's unlikely to happen. However, Gareth Barry is no quicker or stronger & has had a great career in another position, so Rekiik possibly has other options if he can't hack it at centre back.

Cetainly not one of the best prospects around as a central defender but too early to write him off as a player in any position.

I'm not sure who you have been watching because that description does not fit Rekik.

He is 6 foot tall with a solid and athletic physique,he can handle the physical stuff,doesnt mind the rough stuff and wont easily be knocked off the ball - ask Mario......

This lack of pace is also rubbish,while no Des Walker,he can certainly motor and more importantly he has good agility and mobility,something Lescott or Garcia don't have.

He is 18.......

Oh ffs.

The old 'he is 18' bollocks.

He lacks pace, got fucking raped by Mario & had to kick him in order to survive, lost every key header he went for v AC Milan ( not exactly Stoke) & is several inches shorter than 95% of Premier league centre backs.

Yes he's 18. I gather you have seen loads of medium height 18 year old centre backs who get fucking bitched in the air, suddenly gain a huge leap & turn it round, whilst idiots like me after watching reserve/youth teams since David Connor was playing in them, have never seen one. I repeat, NOT ONE, in 40 odd years who suddenly turned from average/poor in the air, to good enough.

Rekik has his work cut out, for the reasons mentioned. If he can overcome that, then well done to the lad.

I'm very doubtful but won't write him off & certainly won't write him off as a fullback or def mid.
Omg you and salford are so way off as you can possible be. He was very good against milan, and he kept balotelli pretty good. Also in every game he has played for psv he has bossed the air completely. I have a feeling that you two nutjobs have no clue what you are talking about and haven't seen any of his games or whatsoever.

TypicalBlueMoon said:
Really unfortunate that he got injured. I have written an article about Karim Rekik. <a class="postlink" href="http://outsideoftheboot.com/2013/09/10/karim-rekik-scout-report/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://outsideoftheboot.com/2013/09/10/ ... ut-report/</a>
Appreciate any read/criticism or feedback.
very nice Article Karim. Very articulate and well written indeed!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.