Karim Rekik joins PSV on loan.

MCC said:
What I have seen of him he looks ok. Still young and seems rated by the psv fans. Let him develop and get some experience.
Exactly. Let the Dutch give him a good technical grounding and bring him back to carry on learning under Komps. Will become adequate cover for defence at worst, hopefully will be better than that though.

strongbowholic said:
MCC said:
What I have seen of him he looks ok. Still young and seems rated by the psv fans. Let him develop and get some experience.
Exactly. Let the Dutch give him a good technical grounding and bring him back to carry on learning under Komps. Will become adequate cover for defence at worst, hopefully will be better than that though.

The suggestion is he will be better. I think Patrick Viera said last season when talking about Rekik that if he didn't make the first team at City then everyone involved at the academy will have failed. It's a hard thing to say but I think his point was that the lad's got all the talent. Good luck to him, shame about the injury.

Neville Kneville said:
Danamy said:
salfordpaul said:
If any good would be brought back here injured or not. Not good enough. Get over it. Focus on Plumber or Leigh some local lads and more equipped. Won't ever play for us.

We don't want Plumber in defence, we might start leaking goals

Nice work.

Paul is jumping the gun writing him off, but Rekik's problem is likely to be his physical build & his athletic prowess, pace etc or lack of it.

If he is to become a central defender in the Premier League, then he has a lot of improvements to make in his strategic abilies to compensate for the physical deficiencies, some of which he will probably never fix. If he can't jump or run high/fast enough now, it's unlikely to happen. However, Gareth Barry is no quicker or stronger & has had a great career in another position, so Rekiik possibly has other options if he can't hack it at centre back.

Cetainly not one of the best prospects around as a central defender but too early to write him off as a player in any position.

I'm not sure who you have been watching because that description does not fit Rekik.

He is 6 foot tall with a solid and athletic physique,he can handle the physical stuff,doesnt mind the rough stuff and wont easily be knocked off the ball - ask Mario......

This lack of pace is also rubbish,while no Des Walker,he can certainly motor and more importantly he has good agility and mobility,something Lescott or Garcia don't have.

He is 18.......

Really unfortunate that he got injured. I have written an article about Karim Rekik. <a class="postlink" href="http://outsideoftheboot.com/2013/09/10/karim-rekik-scout-report/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://outsideoftheboot.com/2013/09/10/ ... ut-report/</a>
Appreciate any read/criticism or feedback.

TypicalBlueMoon said:
Really unfortunate that he got injured. I have written an article about Karim Rekik. <a class="postlink" href="http://outsideoftheboot.com/2013/09/10/karim-rekik-scout-report/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://outsideoftheboot.com/2013/09/10/ ... ut-report/</a>
Just read it - is that you Karim :))

Nice write up.

I'm just not that desperate for good news. I can wait for it. I don't have to wish it when I personally don't think it's coming on this issue. Please dont be fooled that this loan is for our development and to bring him back and be a first team player for us. He has been a knee jerk early signing for our Academy struggled to cope physically with his English team mates of similar age and superior physicalities. Gone to Portsmouth and been played out of position and struggled and gone to Blackburn and sent back without hardly getting a game. I respect his age is still "tender" and for the time being he is still one of "ours" so he can have all our hopes and ambitions of being a future regular player for us. But I really don't believe he is or will be good enough quick enough or powerful enough to play for us and I'm brave enough to committ early with my thoughts that I dont think he will play another single game for us but hope he plays 500 for us. Suarez? Razzak? Roman? Ibrahim? Why should I be optimistic? He has struggled since the day he came to England and at 3 clubs in total. I think it will be a case of nice try but a poor recruitment waste of a hell of a lot of Euros for a schoolboy and he will be back in his homeland.

FantasyIreland said:
Neville Kneville said:
Danamy said:
We don't want Plumber in defence, we might start leaking goals

Nice work.

Paul is jumping the gun writing him off, but Rekik's problem is likely to be his physical build & his athletic prowess, pace etc or lack of it.

If he is to become a central defender in the Premier League, then he has a lot of improvements to make in his strategic abilies to compensate for the physical deficiencies, some of which he will probably never fix. If he can't jump or run high/fast enough now, it's unlikely to happen. However, Gareth Barry is no quicker or stronger & has had a great career in another position, so Rekiik possibly has other options if he can't hack it at centre back.

Cetainly not one of the best prospects around as a central defender but too early to write him off as a player in any position.

I'm not sure who you have been watching because that description does not fit Rekik.

He is 6 foot tall with a solid and athletic physique,he can handle the physical stuff,doesnt mind the rough stuff and wont easily be knocked off the ball - ask Mario......

This lack of pace is also rubbish,while no Des Walker,he can certainly motor and more importantly he has good agility and mobility,something Lescott or Garcia don't have.

He is 18.......

Oh ffs.

The old 'he is 18' bollocks.

He lacks pace, got fucking raped by Mario & had to kick him in order to survive, lost every key header he went for v AC Milan ( not exactly Stoke) & is several inches shorter than 95% of Premier league centre backs.

Yes he's 18. I gather you have seen loads of medium height 18 year old centre backs who get fucking bitched in the air, suddenly gain a huge leap & turn it round, whilst idiots like me after watching reserve/youth teams since David Connor was playing in them, have never seen one. I repeat, NOT ONE, in 40 odd years who suddenly turned from average/poor in the air, to good enough.

Rekik has his work cut out, for the reasons mentioned. If he can overcome that, then well done to the lad.

I'm very doubtful but won't write him off & certainly won't write him off as a fullback or def mid.

I agree with NK. Nastasic isn't too much older but light years ahead and he only may end up being cover. Bloody good cover mind you and far more suitable. If we have to spend 4 million on De Michells who was free four weeks ago for nothing then I really think we won't see Karim back. Neville Kneville pretty much nailed that last thread I think. Rekic for me is not even better than Wabara. He is also more suitable but deemed surplus. But he's not been invested in from a European country for 2 million Euros. Not the kids fault just a case of whoever signs em for the Academy not being able to wait to spend the Sheiks money.

TypicalBlueMoon said:

Excellent read. Well done.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.