Karim Rekik

Marseille is far from being the best team for a defender, especially a young one, but if Rekik establsishes himself there, it would tell you something.

Anyway, such a small fee and almostly everybody's wish to sell him is a completely joke. He's just 20 and he's Netherlands NT player ffs! And we sell him for 3-5 m euro!!! Says it all really. And at the same time, for the same people it is normal to buy overhyped s..t for much much much bigger fees and on much higher salaries. Just ask yourself, how much money would any other club ask for him?

There's been nothing said about any options officialy yet, but even if they take place in this transfer, the buy-back clause may just not work as Rekik would hardly want to be deep on the bench. Or he just may be happy with his current club or may choose another offer if he wants to leave. While the sell-on clause can't be more than 50% what already makes our income for a club-trained player twice as little
It's for £3.5 million (sterling) with a buy-back option AND a sell-on fee, was he not in the last 12 months of his contract with us? If so, it's not a bad deal at all.

"Just ask yourself, how much money would any other club ask for him?", given the above I would guess £3.5 million.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...l-news/man-city-transfers-karim-rekik-9574200

If there's a clause to buy him back, then that's just wonderful. Might be City's version of Carvajal if he performs spectacularly well at Marseille

As long as there is buy back option its a good deal as he was never going to have a chance to break through here with Denayer coming through.

I agree, but this season MP needs to give the three young`uns some good playing time and maybe the early rounds of the League Cup could be used as a viewing point.
As well as the 3 obvious ones (Denayor, Lopes and Kelechi) out of the 3 Youth players of the year nominees, Angelino has gone to NYCFC, Gunn being a goalie is tricky (a loan most likely) that leaves Maffeo (probably my pick for the award but it's close). Could he be a 4th option for some game time this season?

Kean Bryan's another for me that could quite easily hold his own in a cup game, possibly excelling too. He's a tough bastard.

Ambrose and Boadu are definitely not far away either from getting the odd game.

Kean Bryan's another for me that could quite easily hold his own in a cup game, possibly excelling too. He's a tough bastard.

Ambrose and Boadu are definitely not far away either from getting the odd game.
TBH I'd totally forgotten about Ambrose and Boadu.

Truth be told any number of them could step into a league cup game and do well. Garcia is another. Celina certainly wouldn't be fazed either. Both of em have confident personalities.

Imagine a league cup team like this in an early round against someone like Oldham or sumat.

------------ Hart -------------
Maffeo Vinnie Denayer Kola
-------- Fern1 Yaya -------
lopes ---- Garcia ---- Sterling
-------- Iheanacho ----------

That team would stroll it. You could Ambrose in there for either lopes or Iheanacho, Boadu instead of Garcia, or even Celina.

Maybe Bryan alongside Fern1 and Silva (or Pogba or KDB?) further ahead. They'd be fine! They're too good not to exert themselves well. We have to see things like this year as 1) it'll be fucking exciting 2) they'll do a damn sight better than the reserves who fucked it up last season and 3) we simply have to start integrating talent as there's too much of it going to waste otherwise.

Imagine a league cup team like this in an early round against someone like Oldham or sumat.

------------ Hart -------------
Maffeo Vinnie Denayer Kola
-------- Fern1 Yaya -------
lopes ---- Garcia ---- Sterling
-------- Iheanacho ----------

That team would stroll it. You could Ambrose in there for either lopes or Iheanacho, Boadu instead of Garcia, or even Celina.

Maybe Bryan alongside Fern1 and Silva (or Pogba or KDB?) further ahead. They'd be fine! They're too good not to exert themselves well. We have to see things like this year as 1) it'll be fucking exciting 2) they'll do a damn sight better than the reserves who fucked it up last season and 3) we simply have to start integrating talent as there's too much of it going to waste otherwise.
Why would we use a 1st choice goalkeeper in the Mickey Mouse Cup? Or do you think that Hart will've been a 2nd choice by that time? :)
I'm the one who prays for selling of Caballero and Sagna and use club-trained players for these positions, but it's unlikely to happen. And still why use Hart?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.