Katie Hopkins suspended from Twitter

I know very little about her. I just had a quick search and the first few interviews that came up I agreed with some of what she said.

Statements such as fat people should eat less, I agree with in a lot of instances.

Same with the view some women don’t want equal treatment, they want special treatment. I can’t say I disagree with that either.

Just to clarify I didn’t find the stuff on her twitter account as it’s no longer there. So I’m not saying I’m a fan and I agree with everything she stands for. However, reading the comments on here I wasn’t anticipating I’d be in agreement with her.

I’m sure I’m not the only on here who agrees with some of her viewpoints.

that’s rather like saying “I haven’t researched him fully but as Adolf Hiltler said he loved his mum he can’t be all bad can he?”

I know very little about her. I just had a quick search and the first few interviews that came up I agreed with some of what she said.

Statements such as fat people should eat less, I agree with in a lot of instances.

Same with the view some women don’t want equal treatment, they want special treatment. I can’t say I disagree with that either.

Just to clarify I didn’t find the stuff on her twitter account as it’s no longer there. So I’m not saying I’m a fan and I agree with everything she stands for. However, reading the comments on here I wasn’t anticipating I’d be in agreement with her.

I’m sure I’m not the only on here who agrees with some of her viewpoints.

Simple slogans to complex situations, who’d have thought that would catch on......

“Fat people should eat less”. Do people still fall for that? A little bit of thought and just paying a little bit of attention would show that is not as easy as that

Should anorexic people ‘just eat more’?

Simple slogans to complex situations, who’d have thought that would catch on......

“Fat people should eat less”. Do people still fall for that? A little bit of thought and just paying a little bit of attention would show that is not as easy as that

"Gobshites should say less" would be more appropriate.

Ultimately yes, I think if anorexic people want to get better they should eat more.

Anorexia impacts such a smaller portion of the population than obesity. I agree that with certain eating disorders it’s not about the consumption of food, but there are other issues to be addressed. I think that is more so the case with anorexia.

However, when it comes being fat, I think in most cases it is as simple as people need to eat less. I don’t think I’ve fallen for anything in arriving at that conclusion. The way I see it the majority of people are fat because they consume more calories then they burn. Eating is obviously one side of that equation. Therefore fat people should eat less.

that’s rather like saying “I haven’t researched him fully but as Adolf Hiltler said he loved his mum he can’t be all bad can he?”

I disagree. My post was stating I agreed with what Katie Hopkins said about fat people. I was agreeing with an opinion/viewpoint. That is not the case in your example above.

Ultimately yes, I think if anorexic people want to get better they should eat more.

Anorexia impacts such a smaller portion of the population than obesity. I agree that with certain eating disorders it’s not about the consumption of food, but there are other issues to be addressed. I think that is more so the case with anorexia.

However, when it comes being fat, I think in most cases it is as simple as people need to eat less. I don’t think I’ve fallen for anything in arriving at that conclusion. The way I see it the majority of people are fat because they consume more calories then they burn. Eating is obviously one side of that equation. Therefore fat people should eat less.

Lots of this stuff can be attributed to mental health. People comfort eat, like people drink to the point of addiction

Advertising works. How many takeaways have you walked past today Vs how many fruit and veg stalls. How many adverts for fizzy drinks have you seen as opposed to those for tap water?

This is what they do. They get you on the hook and drip, drip, drip....

But that's such an uncontroversial point as to be mundane. Heroin addicts should stop taking heroin. Smokers should stop smoking. Every doctor in the world will agree with that. The problem is in claiming that that's the entire solution and that it's merely a case of choosing not to do something any more, despite having no qualifications or expertise in addiction whatsoever. It's the classic simplistic 'common sense' solutions that people pose when they know fuck all about a complex issue. But you've got to look at the inference behind such statements. Her statements on such issues are not intended as genuine advice to people who have problems with overeating, they're designed to encourage the rest of us to negatively judge such people and to portray their problems as being entirely their own fault. People love to judge others, and that's what she taps into. Hell, she even manages to find ways to twist refugees as being responsible for their own plight.

We can do that on any issue. Too much plastic in the ocean? Just stop using plastic bags then you selfish fuck. It's certainly not Tesco's fault. In debt to Wonga? It's not the predatory business practices that are the problem, it's your stupid decisions.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.