Kazimierz Deyna

IMO still the best player ever to pull on a City shirt. I’d love to have seen how he would slot into the recent teams.
That's got to be the most ridiculous statement I've read on here for a long time.

I was just a kid when he played for City but I remember Allison making a statement that they couldn't get him out of the Polish club.

If you picked 10 City teams, he wouldn't get in any of them. A great player in his day no doubt, but well past his best when he joined god's own club.

We only saw glimpses of his undoubted ability. The winner at Elland Road in 79/80 sticks in my mind, a jink inside the defender just outside the box then a no-backlift right-footed strike into the corner, the keeper never saw it.
And don't forget his winner at Maine rd v Forest, the reignimg European champions at the time, we were a struggling patch work of a team, that result came out of the blue. I was buzzing for weeks after. Denya 1 Forest 0.still got the match report cutting from the Sunday people !

I remember the Forrest goal.He wa salso capable of passing a ball 50 yards+ to feet .He couldnt run so athletically a fish out of water athletically in the English first division.Think he also enjoyed Manchester nightlife in the Polish community after tge strict regime of the Polish army.

Also around that time Tony Book wanted to sign another rmidfield player but Swales and the board wouldnt agree to buying Graeme Souness.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.