KDB or David Silva?

Not a chance he’s better than prime Vinnie. Vinnie had everything before his injuries. Dias is brilliant but limited by comparison.
I don't think we ever saw the real prime Vinny as injuries I think prevented him really reaching his full potential consistently. Was a hell of a player at the level he reached and more of a complete footballer than Dias (who has the same leadership qualities). Both tremendous players. If I had to pick one to take us to a title am edging towards Dias as still remember the angst of Vinnies last 4/5 seasons not knowing if he would be fit. Probably unfair comaprison as the squad cover for Dias was something we lacked for Vinnie.

I honestly think they are very different players.

David Silva was like 'oil' in a car - when he played, the whole team just played better. He always had space, always was available for the pass and just played players in perfectly. He wasn't the player to score 'big goals' but he would set them up.

KdB is like the 'turbo' in a car - when he gets the ball, he's going to win the game. He can score with either foot and play outrageous passes. He was a big game goalscorer.
Sums it up. Silva could keep the ball as long as you wanted him to have it but had the killer pass in his locker and would use it like a stilletto - the setup in the 6-1 I replayed endlessly for months. KDB will take far more risks with the ball and capable of some outrageous hollywood type balls , when he has an off day can look awful (not too many mind) and when bang at it can destroy teams like he did away to Wolves - think that was the best individual display I have seen from him but the goal away at Chelsea , this seasons game at home to arsenal and Madrid away all part of brilliant performances.

If I was forced to pick one , it would be KdB purely on the basis he would win you more games on his own but I reserve the right to change my mind in ten minutes when I have thought about it some more !!!

Sums it up. Silva could keep the ball as long as you wanted him to have it but had the killer pass in his locker and would use it like a stilletto - the setup in the 6-1 I replayed endlessly for months. KDB will take far more risks with the ball and capable of some outrageous hollywood type balls , when he has an off day can look awful (not too many mind) and when bang at it can destroy teams like he did away to Wolves - think that was the best individual display I have seen from him but the goal away at Chelsea , this seasons game at home to arsenal and Madrid away all part of brilliant performances.

If I was forced to pick one , it would be KdB purely on the basis he would win you more games on his own but I reserve the right to change my mind in ten minutes when I have thought about it some more !!!
Agreed, he was outstanding against Wolves. I remember Zinchenko played a quite exquisite pass to him for one of his goals. Brilliant!

Dave is my all time favourite player, I don't think that will ever change. Just so silky smooth, an absolute joy to watch but Kev is a killer, a destroyer of teams. He's Silva and Yaya in one dynamite package. Simply the best player to ever play for City.
This. Just can’t go against Spanish Dave. But in my head I know that king Kev is the best ever!! But Spanish Dave for me, if that makes sense!!!!!

Why pick?

There was a beauty to Merlin's play that is unmatched but KDB is the best attacking midfielder the Premier League has seen. Kev can make passes like no one I've ever seen. Kev should have had a Ballon D'Or not sure same claim can be made for Spanish Dave.

I loved silva but we were never considered possible european champions until De Bruyne showed up.

he’s won 2 pfa player of the year and could have easily won in 2018 and 2022.

Silva was never in the running seriously; mainly because he doesnt do show stopping things.

Dave was great at controlling a game and is more akin to Gundogan - which i think is a more fun debate

De bruyne is perhaps more similar to Yaya in terms of goals and talents. Both of which were probably match winner type players more frequently than Silva.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.