KDB - Will he get a statue?

I recall a comment from a Bluemooner shortly after Kevin's first season. He said the man in the next seat in the stadium said One day they'll name a stand after him.

Yes, longevity, trophies and above all a great ambassador for the club. If he isn't already our greatest ever player he will be by the end of this season.

We need more statues than The Vatican for our fantastic team, manager,owners and all the backroom staff.
I know it sounds very sycophantic but I am so pleased ,that all those years ago that I didn't succumb to the constant grovelling and propaganda of the media(or as it was known then as the papers) and now we get to see ,IMHO the finest football played by what seems to be very good people.

We should hold off for maybe 20 years and then add 3 more at that point. Whoever deserves them most by then - Kev would obviously be high up that list at this point. The new 3 could be done in a different style to the current 3.

By then though... even narrowing it down to 3 to add would be a huge challenge.

His statue will straddle the bridge connecting the campus and stadium like the Colossus of Rhodes and will dominate the local skyline standing 300 feet tall and his face smiling down onto the east and north stands watching over every game played.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.