KDB wins PFA Player of the Year | UEFA Midfielder of the Year | UEFA Player of the Year (2nd)

Fully deserved. Travesty he never got it in 2018

Salah deserved it that year. Breaking the goal record is an incredible feat and it was fair enough that he pipped KDB that year. This year is a different story and anyone other than De Bruyne winning it would have completely undermined the award.

Salah deserved it that year. Breaking the goal record is an incredible feat and it was fair enough that he pipped KDB that year.
In your opinion he deserved it. Being the City player of the season, in a record breaking topflight winning season, is an incredible feat too. Lets not forget what a season that was and his contribution to it.

I didn't agree with the decision personally because I thought the common train of thought, is to base if off the contribution to their team along with how successful the club's season was to decide it(most logical to me). We already have the golden boot award for the top scorer and he only beat the previous record by 1. Liverpool won nothing at all that year, came 4th in the league but got to the CL final(in no small part thanks to UEFA's officials doing a number on City over two legs). I accepted the decision in the end, although I did wonder what a City player would have to do to win any of these personal awards.

So breaking a goal or assist record trumps what success a player's contribution brings to a team, seems to be the justification. As long as in any other season, a club's success and any given player's contributions to it is how it's decided, I can see that argument. Makes you wonder what the writers' excuses are, for always finding a way to not pick a City player though.

What individual records were broken in 2018/19 though, where every City player got overlooked? Bernardo saves our season without KDB for most of it, Sterling was on fire, domestic treble/quadruple. A first in English football. VVD gets it.

Funny to see them Liverpool fans say: "Don't forget the Carabao Cup" now when it suits them though. Any petitions yet?

Last edited:
Congratulations Sir KDB.
Breaking the mould and sticking it to the man.
Head and shoulders above the others and currently the best player in the Premier League.

If Kev plays for Barca or Real he's winning the balloon door.

(That was intentional btw)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.