Keep M.Johnson at all cost

Too many injuries and too much competition will dictate his departure in my opinion. We have Yaya Touré who is able to be the box-to-box midfielder we all crave. He'd make a good squad player challenging to get in the first team but little else. I just think he's become a victim of circumstance really both of our wealth and his own injury problems.

I'd leave it up to the player to decide whether he wished to fight on or leave for pastures new and if he chose the first option I'd really respect him and it could turn into an amazing story if he was a success, but the chances of that are slim to none in my books. I really wish I could say otherwise unfortunately.

Damocles said:
Michael Johnson is, by far and away, the best youth footballer I've ever had the privilege to watch. He was so far above anybody else that, when he was twelve, his manager took him off at half time because the other team were complaining that he was too good.

I should probably mention that he was playing against PSV youth team in that game, with his local team.

Added to that, that 90% of the rumours started on here are utter shit (and I will never forget chazmcfc arguing with me about him being pissed in town, when he was sat three foot away perfectly sober) and he has had a horrible time through injury, I think he's worth a keep.

Also, perhaps the fact that (pre takeover), he rejected Liverpool/Everton/Newcastle because he didn't want to leave us in the shit for far better teams, might gain him some loyalty from us now. Or maybe not, but either way, he's far too good of a player to jog on to Sunderland or something, it will bite us in the arse, mark my words.

The PSV Youth team complained he was too good and asked for him to be taken off? sounds a little far fetched. and if its true its a pretty shocking way to treat a talented 12 year old footballer.....'your too good son so its better if you sit out!' good message to send.

either way i think we should keep hold of him but loan him to another club to find his game again, cant be easy missing two years out and my guess is he will have to find his touch again

How I see it ,ned has been a good player to bring in as cover for injured players but what ya have to look at is how many managers have had the chance to play him but choose not to they all must see what we don't and that's y he ain't picked , he's a great lad and if he does go which I think he will ,Thanks ned and good luck :)

I say we need to keep Ireland and Johnson, it feels like the honest homegrown spine of our team is being ripped out and replaced with a expensive mercenaries.

two years ago we all said we had the base of a great homegrown team which needed talent around it.

__________________Hart_____________
Richards__Onouha____???____???
Wiess___Ireland___M Johnson__???
__________Sturridge__???__________

Now Irelands being shoved out, richards must be wondering about his future now Boateng has signed, onouha gave an honest statement on sky (which wasnt that damning!) and now hes the bad guy,sturrigde took a lot of shit from the fans and left, and were lucky if johnno still wants to play for the club after all the shit he gets from the fans because he's injured!

next season we'll be lucky if we have many of these players left at the club.....shame

Problem is that he's been out for so long, you don't know what its done to his confidence. I'd love him to stay but he might become a liability.

If he gets fit before the start of the season, we should loan him out for 6 months or something.

Bluebeer said:
Damocles said:
Michael Johnson is, by far and away, the best youth footballer I've ever had the privilege to watch. He was so far above anybody else that, when he was twelve, his manager took him off at half time because the other team were complaining that he was too good.

I should probably mention that he was playing against PSV youth team in that game, with his local team.

Added to that, that 90% of the rumours started on here are utter shit (and I will never forget chazmcfc arguing with me about him being pissed in town, when he was sat three foot away perfectly sober) and he has had a horrible time through injury, I think he's worth a keep.

Also, perhaps the fact that (pre takeover), he rejected Liverpool/Everton/Newcastle because he didn't want to leave us in the shit for far better teams, might gain him some loyalty from us now. Or maybe not, but either way, he's far too good of a player to jog on to Sunderland or something, it will bite us in the arse, mark my words.

The PSV Youth team complained he was too good and asked for him to be taken off? sounds a little far fetched. and if its true its a pretty shocking way to treat a talented 12 year old footballer.....'your too good son so its better if you sit out!' good message to send.

either way i think we should keep hold of him but loan him to another club to find his game again, cant be easy missing two years out and my guess is he will have to find his touch again

It was actually a mate of mine who went over as his teams 'unofficial mascot' that tells the story. Basically, MJ's local team, PSV, and a few other really good clubs from around the world were all part of a youth tournament. It was those mini 20 minute games in a round robin format. Anyway, MJ's manager (who happened to also be his Dad) took him off in the PSV games because he was running rings around people, the other team was starting to get upset with each other, and they were already through. He may have been a bit younger than twelve, to be honest, that was a complete guess based on my "well, it was probably about ten years ago" assumption. It must have been before he was invited back, so he couldn't have been a teenager yet.

Still, I like the first telling of the story better than the second ;)

Anyway, I'm not sure if he's leaving and even if he was, he wouldn't tell me

C_T_I_D said:
Too many injuries and too much competition will dictate his departure in my opinion. We have Yaya Touré who is able to be the box-to-box midfielder we all crave. He'd make a good squad player challenging to get in the first team but little else. I just think he's become a victim of circumstance really both of our wealth and his own injury problems.

I'd leave it up to the player to decide whether he wished to fight on or leave for pastures new and if he chose the first option I'd really respect him and it could turn into an amazing story if he was a success, but the chances of that are slim to none in my books. I really wish I could say otherwise unfortunately.

I totally agree. I hope we can find a place for him and he can stay. There are quite a few who I would like to see leave before M Johnson, however his injuries etc might just be against him.

I'll be sick in my stomach disappointed if Ireland or Johnson leave (no matter what the deal but especially if it's to bring in an "older" player like Arteta). I'd have been highly gutted if Onouha left too but I guess I've accepted that this was his making having made silly remarks on TV. Can't be doing that.

Not that anyone from City really cares what I say but just on the off chance.... please don't let Ireland and Johnson go!!!! They are genuine lads who if given a chance can shine and every great team needs players who have grown up at the club who the fans can relate too.

Oh and please don't bring in divers to our great team. If any are suspect like Torres please have a bloody word with them.

Oh and lets do our best to get Robinho back. We not only miss his input on the pitch but his infectous smile too. Thigs got a bit desperate for the lad in a WC year but if he's willing to fight for a place then lets bring him back.

Thanks!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.