Keith Alexander has passed away

So sad - a real football man and someone we could all look up to. Never had any connection to the clubs he was involved with but for some reason (I know what it is) - I always looked out to see how was doing from a career standpoint and always whated him to do well. I am really feeling so sad today and makes everything else take a back seat.

Keith RIP - never met you but feel like I have lost a friend.

This is terrible news. Hard to know waht to say it is so shocking. He was a true gentleman and he'd being doing a fantastic job at Macc for the last couple of years on extremely limited resources.

You will be truly missed Keith. RIP.

From a City and Macc supporter.

Jesus Christ, R.I.P, thoughts go out to his family, shocking news

always try and go to the Moss Rose when we aren't at home and he seemed like a truly decent guy, played some nice stuff even though Macc always seem to struggle!

RIP K.A.

R.I.P.

Alexander dies aged 53
Town boss described as 'splendid man'

Last updated: 3rd March 2010 Subscribe to RSS Feed
Alexander dies aged 53
Related links
Teams

* Macclesfield Town

Also see

* Macclesfield highlights
* Macclesfield FanZone blog
* Macclesfield stats
* Macclesfield archive

Macclesfield Town manager Keith Alexander has died at the age of 53, the club have announced.

Alexander, described by Town as a 'splendid man', passed away after returning home from Tuesday night's match at Notts County.

The thoughts of the League Two club and the entire football world are now with Alexander's family.

A statement from the club said on Wednesday: "It is our sad duty to report that Keith Alexander passed away today after arriving home from Macclesfield Town's game at Notts County last night.

"Keith was a splendid man. He will be sorely missed at the Moss Rose and by everyone involved in football.

"Our thoughts and sympathies are with his family at this very difficult time."

Peterborough director of football Barry Fry, who worked with Alexander at Barnet and London Road, told Sky Sports News: "It is devastating news. You won't find a more dedicated man at any club, non-league or League."

He added: "It is terrible news for everybody in football and everybody who knew Keith because he was a real genuine guy."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.