Kelechi Iheanacho - 2016/17 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a loan would help, it must be tough for him. As far as i know he never plays for the EDS or anything, so the only game time he gets is an appearance here or there with the first team. Then he's expected to make a huge impact despite the fact he can't be match sharp. It's a difficult enough situation for experienced players, let alone a youngster.

Maybe get him up to Celtic once they flog Dembele? He'll play every week, score shit loads and will be in the shop window if City want to sell

I think a loan would help, it must be tough for him. As far as i know he never plays for the EDS or anything, so the only game time he gets is an appearance here or there with the first team. Then he's expected to make a huge impact despite the fact he can't be match sharp. It's a difficult enough situation for experienced players, let alone a youngster.

I think it's the main reason why Jesus & Sane appear so much advanced from Kelechi. They have been playing regular football at a high level. We took Kelechi away, had him sat on his arse for ages whilst he qualified, then whilst he waited for a work permit, then a barely used substitute last season.

I think Pep would be able to use him a lot more now if he'd been playing more, prior to this season. But the fact Kelechi has scored so many goals, under those circumstances, shows how good he is for one, & how difficult it is, to make any dedcision to send him away on loan, for another. He is a goalscorer, even though the rest of his game hasn't clicked yet.

Not easy to part with someone like that.

I want to see him Jesus & Sane play together.

Just give him the cup games this season and see where we are at when games come thick and fast.
We're still thin on the ground up front if Sane or Sterling gets injured and we shift Jesus wide.

Maybe get him up to Celtic once they flog Dembele? He'll play every week, score shit loads and will be in the shop window if City want to sell
It'd be good for his confidence, although i'm not sure Scottish football would be much of a challenge for him. With his goals record he should have options at a higher level. It probably depends if we want to keep him or sell him.

Nacho could be looking at some playing time vs Huddersfield. With the Jesus injury Pep can ease him back into the team once he's healthy and Aguero + Nacho can do the heavy lifting in the mean time.

Time to give him consistent game time and demand that he do even more off the ball. Would like to see us two up by 60 minutes and then get him on for the last thirty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.