Kelechi Iheanacho - 2016/17 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Pep has deliberately taken him out of the firing line, because his form was a bit iffy, just to look after him, not because he can't use him.

It's a standard method used to bring players through without overdoing it.

It's just that we aren't used to seeing it happen, at City, anymore. Ferguson did the same with almost all their 'Class of ****s' at various times.

I'm not convinced we should loan him out unless we intend to sell him. I think he'd be better off here training with Jesus so he can learn exactly what Pep wants from a forward. Out on loan he'll be able to continue playing the way he does now and that won't get him any closer to being ready for us.

I'm not convinced we should loan him out unless we intend to sell him. I think he'd be better off here training with Jesus so he can learn exactly what Pep wants from a forward. Out on loan he'll be able to continue playing the way he does now and that won't get him any closer to being ready for us.

surely playing matches now is the best for him. trainings all well and good, but its no way near as beneficial as playing every week. if he was just breaking into the team id agree with you, but hes at the stage he needs game time.

I think Pep has deliberately taken him out of the firing line, because his form was a bit iffy, just to look after him, not because he can't use him.

It's a standard method used to bring players through without overdoing it.

It's just that we aren't used to seeing it happen, at City, anymore. Ferguson did the same with almost all their 'Class of ****s' at various times.

I take your point but I also worry as to whether Pep actually rates him. He called Jesus, Sane and Sterling the future and made no reference to Kelechi.

I hope Kelechi stays for a long time, he's got his flaws but at such a young age I'm convinced a coach like Pep could make him great.

needs to go out on loan and come back better and stronger

Ive been saying this a bunch, but I personally hope we can get him loaned to a club like Sevilla, some former Blues are there and Pep would trust Sampaoli to mentor him. Plus they lose Vietto who returns to Atleti.

I take your point but I also worry as to whether Pep actually rates him. He called Jesus, Sane and Sterling the future and made no reference to Kelechi.

I hope Kelechi stays for a long time, he's got his flaws but at such a young age I'm convinced a coach like Pep could make him great.

He said something similar about Kelechi a few days earlier though, included him in the list.

I think a loan would help, it must be tough for him. As far as i know he never plays for the EDS or anything, so the only game time he gets is an appearance here or there with the first team. Then he's expected to make a huge impact despite the fact he can't be match sharp. It's a difficult enough situation for experienced players, let alone a youngster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.