Kelechi Iheanacho - 2016/17 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iheanacho is young yet has always had the hunger to play, sometimes a player gets desperate when he feels he has done enough to deserve the respect of the manager. I would hate to see another "yaya/selkuk vs pep" episode. Pep should come clean with the kid, tell him he doesn't rate him and move him on to another club. Iheanacho's treatment could do more harm to the club as it would seem we don't ever rate our youngsters. If this goes out of hand, it wouldn't look good for the management and the media would be quick to jump on it taking the side of the kid and who could blame them? Kid burst into the scene was phenomenal just as G.Jesus if not better.
Are you suggesting Nacho has shown more this season than Gabby? If so, I would totally disagree. Nacho has had opportunities this season, albeit limited, and hasn't taken them. You appear to be worried about any negative press, I personally don't give a toss what they write

Would be interested to know (if anyone has access to the stats) what his goals/assist ratio is per minutes played this 2016/2017 season. I still think it will be pretty decent. We also need to remember he is still only 20.

This season, in all competitions, Kelechi has 1 goal every 95 minutes (6 goals in 568 minutes of football) and either a goal or assist every 63 minutes (including the 3 assists). Not a bad statistic at all, but it's smaller than last season and that's with a smaller sample size. Comparatively, Jesus has a goal every 67 minutes, or a goal/assist every 50. Again, small sample size, but the difference was notable beyond the statistics.

Look, Kelechi is a great talent. I loved watching him last season, always thought he gave us a chance for a winner and argued that he provided sufficient cover for Aguero during the summer window when it seemed we weren't bringing in anymore centre-forwards. Now things are different. The manager is different, the league is different and the squad is slowly becoming different too. Next season, come what may with Kun, Kelechi probably won't find himself ousting any of Sane-Jesus-Sterling, never mind if we bring in anyone else. That's neither his fault, nor City's, it's just the way it is.

He hasn't been bad this season, perhaps underwhelming, but not terrible. His training sessions are perhaps another story, but he's a player we should want to keep nonetheless. That said, it's totally understandable if he feels he should be getting more football elsewhere and ultimately moves on. Unless the dynamic changes, both in terms of his performances and, as a result, his playtime, then I can see that happening. Jesus earned his place from day one, we'd all love nothing more than Nacho to do the same.

This season, in all competitions, Kelechi has 1 goal every 95 minutes (6 goals in 568 minutes of football) and either a goal or assist every 63 minutes (including the 3 assists). Not a bad statistic at all, but it's smaller than last season and that's with a smaller sample size. Comparatively, Jesus has a goal every 67 minutes, or a goal/assist every 50. Again, small sample size, but the difference was notable beyond the statistics.

Look, Kelechi is a great talent. I loved watching him last season, always thought he gave us a chance for a winner and argued that he provided sufficient cover for Aguero during the summer window when it seemed we weren't bringing in anymore centre-forwards. Now things are different. The manager is different, the league is different and the squad is slowly becoming different too. Next season, come what may with Kun, Kelechi probably won't find himself ousting any of Sane-Jesus-Sterling, never mind if we bring in anyone else. That's neither his fault, nor City's, it's just the way it is.

He hasn't been bad this season, perhaps underwhelming, but not terrible. His training sessions are perhaps another story, but he's a player we should want to keep nonetheless. That said, it's totally understandable if he feels he should be getting more football elsewhere and ultimately moves on. Unless the dynamic changes, both in terms of his performances and, as a result, his playtime, then I can see that happening. Jesus earned his place from day one, we'd all love nothing more than Nacho to do the same.
Thanks for that. Appreciate you taking the time to find those stats. They are pretty damn good stats for the limited opportunities he has had. Definitely worth keeping given how young he is and as others have said either a loan or an agreed option/buy back if we sell him.

Feel for this guy, done nothing wrong, in fact has done a lot right, but hard to see what lies ahead for him. Aguero is rightly number 1, and clearly Jesus will be favoured as he was even put in ahead of Aguero; which makes him at best 3rd choice. He's too good for that, he'll get even less game time with a fit squad.

Think he'll want game time next season, so perhaps a loan is the way to go, have a good amount of football & prove his worth to the manager. Would be disappointed to lose him, his record speaks for itself.

Feel for this guy, done nothing wrong, in fact has done a lot right, but hard to see what lies ahead for him. Aguero is rightly number 1, and clearly Jesus will be favoured as he was even put in ahead of Aguero; which makes him at best 3rd choice. He's too good for that, he'll get even less game time with a fit squad.

Think he'll want game time next season, so perhaps a loan is the way to go, have a good amount of football & prove his worth to the manager. Would be disappointed to lose him, his record speaks for itself.

Agree he looked sharp last night and considering no football in at least a month that is all credit to him. 3rd striker is traditionally not a bad role, I remember Kevin Kegan suggesting 6 was the optimal number in a squad! But we play with 1 and we have 2 options ahead of him that would be contenders for any first 11 in world football. Hopefully, for the rest of this season, he will get plenty of options of the bench when we are 2 goals up and that will be enough to keep him happy going into next season. I think he could do a job on the left as well where I would be tempted to play him ahead of Nolito!

Looked bright,sharp,fresh & quick last night.

Pep's nursing of him will be good for everyone.

Puts his foot in early doors to let defenders know not to fuck with him.

How old is he & how many goals has he scored again ?

Looked bright,sharp,fresh & quick last night.

Pep's nursing of him will be good for everyone.

Puts his foot in early doors to let defenders know not to fuck with him.

How old is he & how many goals has he scored again ?
He's 20 yo and has scored 7 and assisted 3 goals in just 822 minutes this season in all comps.

He is a goal poacher right place right time sort of player for me. I thought his energy was good when he came on but his decision making and pass quality was dreadful. I can see why he isn't getting game time based on his appearances this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.