Kelechi Iheanacho - 2016/17 Performances

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by thyer64, 20 Aug 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cheadle_hulmeBlue

Cheadle_hulmeBlue

i think your completely over exaggerating that. he might not be silva level of touch, but hes not that bad.

2. MarsLlama

MarsLlama

Yes. He doesn't fit our system at all and unless his touch and passing improves drastically then that isn't going to change.

3. asahartford1

asahartford1

If his touch and passing is so bad why do you think he will become World class. Or did you not mean to post that.

4. MarsLlama

MarsLlama

Because his finishing, pace and positioning is as good as almost any young striker I've ever seen. He would be excellent for a team like Dortmund or Atletico. Not for a team that depends on everyone having exceptional link-up skill.

5. asahartford1

asahartford1

Fair enough mate if that is your reasoning.
    I only saw the contrast between world class and poor first touch, bad passer as you wrote it.
    Personally would hate to see him away from City in the next 3 years.

6. Neville Kneville

Neville Kneville

I would only loan him out if he stops progressing. It's common practice for kids to be taken out of the frame when they lose a bit of form & he's scored immediately on return. The fact that Jesus can play wide, still leaves options for Kelechi both from the bench & as a starter during a long season.

If we signed the kid from Monaco, it would change.

7. MC ID

MC ID

I think from what I've seen of him this season his problems stem in large part from not enough time on the pitch, something we can't necessarily provide him. I think a season at another club where he starts often would do wonders for the kid, he'd learn a lot and with his poaching abilities he'd do well by the club we loan him too. It'd be sad to let him go for a year but long term it'd give us a better player.

8. doobyedoobye

doobyedoobye

He needs more game time and it's difficult seeing him getting that with us. In fact he won't unless we have more injuries.

9. BlueCityfan

BlueCityfan

Thing is....Jesus, Sane and Sterling can play at least 2 positions in a front 3. Aguero and Iheanacho can only play up front. So you have to choose between 1 of them IMO. That's why i think Nacho will leave. If he could also play wide. He would get a lot more playing time.

10. BlueindianNewcity

BlueindianNewcity

Why is he never tried in a wide position ? He couldn't be slower than likes of nolito? Has he played for youth teams wide .?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.