Kelechi Iheanacho - 2016/17 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, he has done this at Bayern with Muller playing as a secondary striker to Lewnadowski.

The only way that is possible is by dropping De Bruyne and Silva and playing a 4231 like Pep did at Bayern - you really think that's the best course of action?

Get him up to Celtic if/when they sell Dembele. He will bang them in for fun up there, play in the Champs League and get his confidence back

Get him up to Celtic if/when they sell Dembele. He will bang them in for fun up there, play in the Champs League and get his confidence back

That is not a bad idea. He would get 40ish games or more in a season and that is what he needs right now. I don't see signing Isco as a direct threat to Nacho. I think we would use Isco as either a wide attacking player or in Silva's role. Nacho seems to be an out and out striker when he plays for us so Aguero and Jesus are his competition..

The only way that is possible is by dropping De Bruyne and Silva and playing a 4231 like Pep did at Bayern - you really think that's the best course of action?
He doesn't need to drop both, Pep used Thiago as the forward attacking CM and Vidal as the more defensive one. Silva and Kevin would rotate, which I know everyone wants to see both of them play but I think it's too many minutes. Also gives us more natural goal scorers to put away our chances.

Also Kevin could rotate with Sterling on the right as well as Silva in the middle. His crosses are phenomenal and would be great for both aguero AND nacho

Also Kevin could rotate with Sterling on the right as well as Silva in the middle. His crosses are phenomenal and would be great for both aguero AND nacho

I don't know how anyone can have seen us paly and still think De Bruyne on the wing is a possibility. He is exactly the opposite of what we want from our wingers in this system and under this manager.

If you think we should change absolutely everything we've done this season just to fit in Iheanacho then you're going to be disappointed.

I don't know how anyone can have seen us paly and still think De Bruyne on the wing is a possibility. He is exactly the opposite of what we want from our wingers in this system and under this manager.

If you think we should change absolutely everything we've done this season just to fit in Iheanacho then you're going to be disappointed.
It's something we've done during games as the plan B some people like to claim we haven't got. Against Liverpool for example, Sterling was pushed inside, De Bruyne out wide and as a result we scored the equaliser and almost the winner. Also against Everton when Kelechi came on and almost scored the last minute winner from a De Bruyne cross.

Agree we're unlikely to start that way, but it's definitely an effective option when we're pushing for a goal. We get more bodies in the box and better delivery out wide.

I do struggle to see Kelechi getting enough game time next season though, just don't think Pep trusts him.

hardly comparing oranges with oranges

I think it is comparable in Peps system where the front players are suposed to be more interchangeable. Navas takes up a place in the first team or bench. That would free up anothwr midfielder and that could free up a spot for Kelechi.

Its not the end role for kevin its just an option. He can play both roles and is versatile in that way. Also im thinking long term here, its not just nacho, wouldnt you want aguero, jesus, sane and sterling all starting? We will have alot of attacking options soon to score these chances we keep creating. Also we will have gundogan fit who I think works best in a midfield 2, and if we get fabinho even better. This way we dont need buys like isco because we wouldnt need to run silva and kevin ragged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.