Kelechi Iheanacho - 2016/17 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of the problem isn't with him, but the absolutely dire support our strikers have gotten. Even games where Aguero has scored he's been isolated and barely has a touch of the ball. Kelechi's off the ball movement is very intelligent and he's good at making runs. First touch is definitely his biggest issue but he has incredible goalscoring instinct and knowing his to be in the right place at the right time.

I think he is a Spurs, Everton, Sevilla type of player. He's a fantastic goalscorer but i don't see anything else for a top level team.

A loan to Sevilla under Sampaoli and potential future partnership with Jovetic in the future, City fans would nut!

There's a video on the clubs official YouTube channel which sums him up perfectly, he has control of the ball but his touch is woeful, but he then follows it up with a superb finish.

In some ways Kelechi reminds me of Lukaku, he's got a shocking touch but seems to constantly score goals. Whether he's the perfect fit for us stylistically I'm not sure.

I worry that Jesus and Iheanacho will be subconsciously competing (in the eyes of some supporters too) rather than working together to become the world-beating partnership they could be.

Kelechi has a part to play in the future. Yes he has some poor touches but that's something that can be trained out of. He already has the finishing and reaction needed to play up top and his conversion is impressive. That goal where the ball was behind him only for him to pace his legs slower than his upper body was for me very quick thinking. How many times have balls like that roll behind the heels of players or players needed to hold, spin and act?
He has the football intellect but lack the finesse in ball control. He has years ahead of him and being loan for the rest of the season or staying with Jesus and Aguero would do wonders either way.

Compare what Kelechi's ability and what he has achieved at his age to Harry Kane at the same stage in his career... he may not turn out to be a world beater but anybody writing him off at this stage seriously needs to give their head a wobble

I think he is a Spurs, Everton, Sevilla type of player. He's a fantastic goalscorer but i don't see anything else for a top level team.

He wouldn't get in Everton's team based on today's performance. Utterly woeful appearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.