Kelechi Iheanacho

citymad said:
117 M34 said:
Probably be sold to a championship club for peanuts in 18 months

Yep, and then fall by the wayside like so many of our promising youngsters. I really wonder whether we have the right coaches to bring through talented players. Only time will tell I suppose. Micah had the raw power but no one was able to coach him to be a better defender or footballer. Chelsea on the other hand look like they consistently produce good players and then get them loaned out.

Yup. Amazing how many players they've produced for their first team.

I think he'll get a look in at City, the problem of depth upfront is there - and gaps will need filling. The deep end is waiting for a promising and challenge loving academy or youth player.

Mancitybluemoon1 said:
Stuart Brennan just said on twitter that Iheanacho is NOT deemed by the Club as being "first team level at the moment"

Think we just kidding ourselves that a 17 year old with no prem experience could step into the squad this season and replace Negredo......

just like Malcom Allison kidded other clubs " dont buy him he,s bang average" ..when anyone mentioned the young lad at Bury who could run all day, in the mid 60,s....?

adrianr said:
citymad said:
117 M34 said:

Yep, and then fall by the wayside like so many of our promising youngsters. I really wonder whether we have the right coaches to bring through talented players. Only time will tell I suppose. Micah had the raw power but no one was able to coach him to be a better defender or footballer. Chelsea on the other hand look like they consistently produce good players and then get them loaned out.

I'll lay odds that your comment went whoosh over his head.

adrianr said:
citymad said:
117 M34 said:

Count them on his ET fingers

I'll wager with anyone that this kid will be the 'first' of our new structure to be deemed world class in the next 3/4 years, he is fearless and from what I've heard, creating a real buzz behind closed doors.... Let's hope he actually signs!!!

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
adrianr said:
citymad said:

I'll wager with anyone that this kid will be the 'first' of our new structure to be deemed world class in the next 3/4 years, he is fearless and from what I've heard, creating a real buzz behind closed doors.... Let's hope he actually signs!!!

the fact he's 17 and the talk is will he need a little time in the EDS or will he go straight into the first team squad tell us everything we need to know about his quality and how highly he's rated.

Agree with you wholeheartedly I think this boy will be the first young/youth player we've signed to become a first team mainstay. If Pogba were a forward rather than a midfield player he'd be this boy. At 17 Pogba had many of the attributes that Kelechi has.

Mister Appointment said:
Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
adrianr said:

the fact he's 17 and the talk is will he need a little time in the EDS or will he go straight into the first team squad tell us everything we need to know about his quality and how highly he's rated.

Agree with you wholeheartedly I think this boy will be the first young/youth player we've signed to become a first team mainstay. If Pogba were a forward rather than a midfield player he'd be this boy. At 17 Pogba had many of the attributes that Kelechi has.

The dilemma you rightly point to, EDS/first team is the real indicator

I like the pogba comparison, very similar, for me however, this will be a better managed, better coached sturridge situation. Sturridge has progressed on his own pretty much, is mentally strong and for me, under the right guidance, would be a top striker in Europe under the right circumstances. I saw a great deal of him as a kid so not shocked where he is at, however, this kid, wow is all I'm saying!!!

Why is this kid not signed up yet? Surely if he is getting rave reviews the sharks will be circling

bluemcr said:
Why is this kid not signed up yet? Surely if he is getting rave reviews the sharks will be circling

Because he can't sign for anyone before his 18th birthday which is the 3rd of October.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.