Kelechi Iheanacho

pavelsrnicek said:
bluemcr said:
Why is this kid not signed up yet? Surely if he is getting rave reviews the sharks will be circling

Because he can't sign for anyone before his 18th birthday which is the 3rd of October.
Cheers!

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
Mister Appointment said:
Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
Count them on his ET fingers

I'll wager with anyone that this kid will be the 'first' of our new structure to be deemed world class in the next 3/4 years, he is fearless and from what I've heard, creating a real buzz behind closed doors.... Let's hope he actually signs!!!

the fact he's 17 and the talk is will he need a little time in the EDS or will he go straight into the first team squad tell us everything we need to know about his quality and how highly he's rated.

Agree with you wholeheartedly I think this boy will be the first young/youth player we've signed to become a first team mainstay. If Pogba were a forward rather than a midfield player he'd be this boy. At 17 Pogba had many of the attributes that Kelechi has.

The dilemma you rightly point to, EDS/first team is the real indicator

I like the pogba comparison, very similar, for me however, this will be a better managed, better coached sturridge situation. Sturridge has progressed on his own pretty much, is mentally strong and for me, under the right guidance, would be a top striker in Europe under the right circumstances. I saw a great deal of him as a kid so not shocked where he is at, however, this kid, wow is all I'm saying!!!

What Pogba had, which I believe Kelechi has, and Studge had to some degree, is enough belief in his ability to show composure well beyond his years. You'll often see Dzeko, even Negredo before he left, making the wrong decision time and time again in forward areas of the pitch. With Kelechi, at 17, you can see he has a picture of everything around him and tends to make the right pass/shoot call 99% of the time. Not only that, but it's generally the right pass he attempts even if he doesn't make it, and the right shot even if it doesn't go in.

He definitely needs to work on his first touch because of the speed at which our attacking play needs to occur against tight deep defensive lines, however yeah, I had a proper wow moment when I first saw him.

I'll be very disappointed if we don't fast track him into the first team setup.

I recon he would give the club & the fans a big boost.

I watched Sturridge regularly as well when he played for the kids' teams, & he was obviously talented (& flawed) but this kid looks on another planet to Sturridge at the same age in ability & in football intelligence.

If he is allowed to be involved with the first team, I recon we will already have a serious player by the end of this season & then the sky is the limit after that.

now is the best time to give that 4th striker spot to a youngster (especially one as promising as iheanacho). if he doesn't peform, thats fine - we have 3 other strikers that can replace him. we need to start bringing through academy players - im still abit miffed that we've sold Huws to wigan as i heard so many people tipping him to break through.

Where has he been since the last pre-season game? And where will he be training/playing until he gets a work permission?

Has he returned to Africa till october, has he been training with the 1st team/eds/u18, having had some special permissions as a talented player? Or something else?
Thanks.

P.S. Maybe the answer has already been written in this topic, but there's too many posts to search

Headed straight out on loan if you believe this journal: <a class="postlink" href="http://africanfootball.com//news/455630/EXCLUSIVE-Manchester-City-loan-out-Iheanacho" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://africanfootball.com//news/455630 ... -Iheanacho</a>?

AfricanFootball.com can exclusively report that Nigeria youngster Kelechi Iheanacho will be sent out on loan in January by EPL champions Manchester City.

“He will go on loan in January,” revealed a top Manchester City official.

However, the official would not divulge the destination of the exciting Nigeria U20 star.

Speculations have been rife he could be shipped out to City’s affiliate New York City FC in the MLS.

Incidentally, Iheanacho is back in Nigeria recuperating from a hamstring injury he picked up after City’s pre-season tour of the United States of America.

He is expected back in England at the end of next month, when he is expected to sign a professional contract as he would clock 18 on October 3.

Iheanacho, who was voted the MVP of last year’s FIFA U17 World Cup in UAE, shone at the recent pre-season tour of the US of English Premier League champions, scoring three goals.

Manchester City boss Manuel Pellegrini has hailed the Nigeria starlet as the future of the EPL champions.

"We have new players. ...Kelechi is just 17 years old and he’s a very important player for us in the future,” Pellegrini remarked.

"He demonstrated (vs Kansas City) what he can do in the future. It depends on the way he takes this profession, but I think he’s a good talent."

Iheanacho’s coach at U17 and U20 Nigeria teams, Manu Garba, further remarked: “He is a highly promising talent and Nigeria could really get a lot out of him even at this stage of his career.

“Personally, I believe he is more talented than most of the top stars at Manchester City, who are only more experienced than he is.

“I’m yet to see a player of his age who can score goals around the 18-yard box with such class and composure like he does.

“In training with the U17s, he often scores four, five goals. I’m therefore not surprised that more people are now talking about him.”

Tron Coltrane said:
Headed straight out on loan if you believe this journal: <a class="postlink" href="http://africanfootball.com//news/455630/EXCLUSIVE-Manchester-City-loan-out-Iheanacho" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://africanfootball.com//news/455630 ... -Iheanacho</a>?

AfricanFootball.com can exclusively report that Nigeria youngster Kelechi Iheanacho will be sent out on loan in January by EPL champions Manchester City.

“He will go on loan in January,” revealed a top Manchester City official.

However, the official would not divulge the destination of the exciting Nigeria U20 star.

Speculations have been rife he could be shipped out to City’s affiliate New York City FC in the MLS.

Incidentally, Iheanacho is back in Nigeria recuperating from a hamstring injury he picked up after City’s pre-season tour of the United States of America.

He is expected back in England at the end of next month, when he is expected to sign a professional contract as he would clock 18 on October 3.

Iheanacho, who was voted the MVP of last year’s FIFA U17 World Cup in UAE, shone at the recent pre-season tour of the US of English Premier League champions, scoring three goals.

Manchester City boss Manuel Pellegrini has hailed the Nigeria starlet as the future of the EPL champions.

"We have new players. ...Kelechi is just 17 years old and he’s a very important player for us in the future,” Pellegrini remarked.

"He demonstrated (vs Kansas City) what he can do in the future. It depends on the way he takes this profession, but I think he’s a good talent."

Iheanacho’s coach at U17 and U20 Nigeria teams, Manu Garba, further remarked: “He is a highly promising talent and Nigeria could really get a lot out of him even at this stage of his career.

“Personally, I believe he is more talented than most of the top stars at Manchester City, who are only more experienced than he is.

“I’m yet to see a player of his age who can score goals around the 18-yard box with such class and composure like he does.

“In training with the U17s, he often scores four, five goals. I’m therefore not surprised that more people are now talking about him.”

I guess these things can be pretty fluid. First thing is to get the work permit. Then get him to Carrington training with the rest of the players. From there I've little doubt if he's as good as I think he is then he won't be going on loan in January.

If he has already been signed up as someone had stressed earlier in this thread, but if he was also to be denied a work permit in the UK, then I will assume he will be loaned out to a club in a more forgiving European country with a history of taking on young African talent. If so, how long will he have to serve his time abroad before we can employ him in our ranks?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.