Kelechi Iheanacho

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a great player. However, think we add an extra bit of shining light to him because he's an academy player. However, is he good enough to keep Aguero/Jesus out of the equation? Reality is no, unfortunately. Therefore, we should let him move on and flourish.

I actually wasn't arguing against his potential to be better in all those aspects, I was asserting that the bits about it being Pep's fault were nonsense.

It's pretty obvious it's Pep fault though.

It took Aguero almost the entire season to get used to the system and he looked confused before that aswell. Since Kelechi isn't Aguero he didn't get the time to get used to it and when he played he tried to hard looked afraid and confused. Kelechi under Pep and under Pellegrini is night and day because of that reason.

But I think it's premature to say he'll always be a poacher given his first touch, passing, spatial awareness and coachability.

With his goalscoring ability I would think what I bolded would be a strong point of his game.

This is nonsense.

Iheanacho is a fantastic player in the build up hence why he used to be a 10/right winger. Pep ruined him by pressuring him too much and putting too much tactical stuff into him, Iheanacho is the kind of person that takes that to heart and works way to hard and tries to hard to prove himself to Pep which resulted in him being mediocre.

Iheanacho under Pep was a confused striker that didn't know what to do who was trying to hard for his own good. He wasn't given the chance to adept like Aguero was because he isn't Aguero. Iheanacho will be a fantastic player as a goal scorer and a creator and City will buy him back.
Unless you work for Pep, how on earth do you know that?

We should only let the lad go if or when someone else has lined up to come in.

To hope to get through a full season with just two main strikers is madness

Leicester are hoping to finalise a £25million deal to sign Manchester City striker Kelechi Iheanacho (20) this week. [Leicester Mercury]

I was going to say I'm surprised a bigger club hasn't gone in for him but at this stage of his career the right club should be the one that will be able to offer him the game time he needs. There was also talk of Spurs being interested at the end of the season but his agent squashed it saying City wouldn't sell to a direct rival, still Everton were another club rumoured to be interested in him which might have been a good fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.