Kelechi Iheanacho

Behave, he's been gone 4 years and just because he's scored a few goals in the last 8 games or so doesn't make him the 2nd coming.

To be fair he would have scored far more were he not subject to a string of incompetent, unfair and sometimes downright stupid managers.

Every time Kelechi gets a good run of form he is dropped the second Rogers wants whoever got injured to let him in back in the team. In this case it's Barnes and this time, I don't doubt, will be no different. As soon as Barnes is fit enough to start it's back to the bench for Iheanacho.

Then Rogers, who will continue to pick a Jamie Vardy who by now is notorious for his appalling yearly goal draughts, will scratch his head and wonder why they're not scoring more as the 34-year-old blasts yet another shot at the 'keeper's legs.

We've seen it all before.

To be fair he would have scored far more were he not subject to a string of incompetent, unfair and sometimes downright stupid managers.

Every time Kelechi gets a good run of form he is dropped the second Rogers wants whoever got injured to let him in back in the team. In this case it's Barnes and this time, I don't doubt, will be no different. As soon as Barnes is fit enough to start it's back to the bench for Iheanacho.

Then Rogers, who will continue to pick a Jamie Vardy who by now is notorious for his appalling yearly goal draughts, will scratch his head and wonder why they're not scoring more as the 34-year-old blasts yet another shot at the 'keeper's legs.

Not this time. You are correct that injuries (To Maddison not Barnes) meant Kel got a longer stint, but he is not droppable currently due to his form. The return of Maddison (Who is not right still) will not alter this.

Regarding Vardy, its clear that either the decline has begun or he is carry some sort of limiting niggle, but his movement is till stop notch and there is no way that Kel would score as many as he is doing currently without Jamie' s savvy and movement, and this is something Kel himself has stated.

Sorry, not having that. Genuine goal scorers are in short supply, no manager is going to bench him if he looked the business. It is possible that he's had an epiphany and he goes forward and achieves his potential, but even while at City I never saw more than a bench player.

Sorry, not having that. Genuine goal scorers are in short supply, no manager is going to bench him if he looked the business. It is possible that he's had an epiphany and he goes forward and achieves his potential, but even while at City I never saw more than a bench player.

Why not? Rogers has done it twice before. Yes this is his longest run in the team but that's simply because this is the longest injury. He was also very very good in those previous spells but Rogers had no problem dropping him then, because he fundamentally wants a one-striker system with wingers and won't budge on that.

Why not? Rogers has done it twice before. Yes this is his longest run in the team but that's simply because this is the longest injury. He was also very very good in those previous spells but Rogers had no problem dropping him then, because he fundamentally wants a one-striker system with wingers and won't budge on that.
Well he's either been made promises regarding more playing time, he's got a crap agent (ICM Stellar Sports, same as Grealish) or he doesn't have any self belief. We can discount the 2nd option I think.

He signed a 5 year contract when he joined them 4 years ago and has just extended to summer 2024. Vardy extended last summer until summer 2023 although he'll be 36 by then. If he does continue playing more (successfully) then good luck to the lad and I'll hold up my hands but time will tell.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.