Kelechi Iheanacho

He has proven he is the better finisher over long period rather than one season.

Finishing is a certain quality. Jesus hasn't at all proven he's a good finisher. Strike rate doesn't equate to finishing ability. It's about technique and poise, it's just a quality Jesus doesn't have.

That has no relevance to pure finishing ability though.
Iheanacho's form is great but let's not twist facts. If Iheanacho were a better finisher we may have not won the 18/19 league. To his credit he's really picked up lately, so of course if he maintains this form I'll gladly change my opinion.

Finishing is a certain quality. Jesus hasn't at all proven he's a good finisher. Strike rate doesn't equate to finishing ability. It's about technique and poise, it's just a quality Jesus doesn't have.
Iheanacho is just as inconsistent in that regards. Even though Iheancho is finally looking more confident I still wouldn't swap.

Last edited:
Funny how nobody remembers how they viewed a player before they signed for City vs after. As soon as a player puts on a City shirt, people start noticing every flaw that they didn't see while he was in another shirt. The same would happen for Iheanacho and the same will happen for Haaland if we manage to sign him because neither are the finished article yet and they do have their flaws.

Funny how nobody remembers how they viewed a player before they signed for City vs after. As soon as a player puts on a City shirt, people start noticing every flaw that they didn't see while he was in another shirt. The same would happen for Iheanacho and the same will happen for Haaland if we manage to sign him because neither are the finished article yet and they do have their flaws.
This is the most accurate post I've read in a while.

Iheanacho's form is great but let's not twist facts. If Iheanacho were a better finisher we may have not won the 18/19 league. To his credit he's really picked up lately, so of course if he maintains this form I'll gladly change my opinion.

You can't base it on a single chance. He was always a very good finisher in his time here, that was never the problem with him.

Think it’s more a case of whether it’s just a purple patch or the pennys dropped for nacho, if this kind of form becomes his norm then its hard to say he wouldnt be unreal leading our line.

highly doubt were are or even would explore the possibility of bringing him back, but personally if we fail in our moves for the big targets up top in the summer I wouldn’t be upset if kele was the one we fell back on.

So true, because most people only waych highlights of other teams and not complete games.

Jesus wastes a lot of good chances and his finishing is on par with Sterling's. Iheanacho may not be the answer but Jesus definitely is not. Also no one is creating as many chances for Jesus as this side does. His work rate saves him from a lot of criticism
Interesting that when B Silva plays that position he gets unreserved praise for his work rate and link play, regularly in the running for MOTM - but because Jesus is classified as striker, and Silva as attacking midfielder - Jesus gets judged in a different way. Silva has scored a lot less than Jesus this year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.