Kelechi Iheanacho

He was always a talented finisher. Probably never quite the level City aspire too, but fair play to the lad, proving he is a genuine top level , premier league player.
It is possible to be a very good player, but just not quite good enough for us.
He made the right decision moving, and i am made up for him.
How is he "just not quite good enough for us"? He scores more than the expected goals, his conversion rate, shots to goals, is through the ceiling. Great set up play too. Have a look at the highlights v Crystal Palace. If his team mates could shoot he'd have 3 or 4 assists not just the one and the goal he scored is a worldy. Incredible goal. Is Haaland doing anything Kelechi isn't?

I hate the let's spend as much money as possible on players attitude we have developed. I'd be happy to see us give Jesus a run as the main striker while we nurture Liam Delap like we did Phil Foden.

How is he "just not quite good enough for us"? He scores more than the expected goals, his conversion rate, shots to goals, is through the ceiling. Great set up play too. Have a look at the highlights v Crystal Palace. If his team mates could shoot he'd have 3 or 4 assists not just the one and the goal he scored is a worldy. Incredible goal. Is Haaland doing anything Kelechi isn't?

I hate the let's spend as much money as possible on players attitude we have developed. I'd be happy to see us give Jesus a run as the main striker while we nurture Liam Delap like we did Phil Foden.

This isn't a knock on Kelechi, but Haaland has scored as many goals this season than Iheanacho has in 4 years since leaving us.

Haaland 37 goals in 38 games.

Iheanacho 37 goals in 122 games.

I'm delighted to see him deliver his potential but it's going to take a lot more than scoring 10 league goals in a season to make any top club want to buy him.

Players take different times to mature and adjust, he's clearly got the ability and looked good at City, hope he carries on (When not playing us) and shows us the player he can be.

Looking more like the player we hoped he would be when we signed him as a youngster.I always liked his approach,and his personality,its clear he just wants to please and to do well.I really enjoyed listening to his post match interview last night.

As for returning here? no,we are looking for something different.

The comparisons to Jesus are also daft.

I`ve always liked the kids natural talent when he was here. He just lacked the ability to get really involved in the game. Hopefully now he`s 24 he`s figured it out.

I really wish the kid well, but while 14 goals in his last 14 games is great, it doesn`t mean he will remain on this form when teams realise what a threat he is.

The days when I felt bad for Leicester because they paid £25m for him are over. He is now showing his true potential and has turned into a great player for them.

He seems to be a genuinely nice person as well so I am delighted for him.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.