Ken Barnes R.I.P

I broke this news to my Dad (after seeing it on here) at about 7 o' clock tonight. And the look on his face spoke a thousand words - he was gutted. My Dads 71 now and watched Ken at City many, many times. His reaction actually upset me a bit.

From my own personal perspective I'd like to thank Ken for his contribution to our rich history and send my thoughts to the entire Barnes family at this difficult time.

R.I.P a true Manchester City legend.

R.I.P. Ken,met him after the Ashton branch of the supporters club had won the youth 5'a side in the late seventies,Ken and Tony Book presented us with the trophies and were both great,giving out advice and praise.
Made a big impression on all of us,that.

met ken a lot of times when he and peter used to live in stockport. my brother is disabled and used to wait every morning for his transport to pick him up to take him to his day centre. peter on his way to training would stop sometimes to have a chat as would his dad both a pair of gents very sad for the family. stuart busby

Sad loss of a great City player.
Deepest sympathy to Ken's nearest and dearest!

RIP Blue

Very sad news, Ken a true blue legend served the club for most of his 81 years in different capacities always with devotion. Although not a Mancunian he certainly became one. He produced sons who were talented footballers in their own right everyone knows of Peter but he will tell you that his brothers were better players than him.

RiP Ken the whole of football will be sad to hear of your passing, you will be missed. Condolences to the Barnes family

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.