Kerb lowering

kippaxblue76

Probably a long shot but i'll ask anyway, need to lower a kerb to make a new driveway but the council will only use there own affiliated contractors, quoted me a thousand pounds to do the job including the application, can anyone on here help ? Iknow these jobs can be done but its who you know not what you know :)..The house is in Tameside.

Get a couple of gypos to sling a bit of concrete down for £50

Next time,don't inform the council and just do it.If they ask you anything about it,just plead ignorance !

You should have just said nothing and got a mate to lower it with new kerbstones from jewsons or somewhere similar. They wouldnt care once its done and why would they need to know?

i put an unofficial drive in 15 years ago 'did it myself' no bother off the council probably because i didnt tell them, lol they arrived and re slabbed the pavement part the other day because my 4x4 has cracked all the slabs, leave it a while and do it yourself 'mums the word'

Uncle Wally One Ball said:
You should have just said nothing and got a mate to lower it with new kerbstones from jewsons or somewhere similar. They wouldnt care once its done and why would they need to know?
Not that easy though.you need to dig out the concrete,that the original kerbs are in,then dig out the original flags,asphalt or concrete path to then form a path to your lower kerb.it sisnt a job you can do in a couple of hours.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.