Kes.

I just watched Land and Freedom again. I, Daniel Blake was magnificent and should be shown to every child aged 10 and above
Yes 100% agree with you pal.
If you've not seen Sorry We Missed You yet,then you are missing a treat as well.
A very similar modern social drama about the zero hour gig economy in 21st century Britain.
Another Ken Loach masterpiece!!

Try watching a couple of Ken Loach's later films, Bill.
I,Daniel Blake and also Sorry We Missed You are both update dramas telling different stories about the harsh realities of everyday life in modern Britain, particularly for people on low incomes or living on benefits.
Both films are really well written,with great acting and outstanding story lines.
Highly recommended!!
Both of those mentioned are fantastic films

Mr Gryce's speech before giving the cane always makes me laugh, and McDowell getting told his Dad got the stick an all last time he came up.
I believe Mr Gryce was a real teacher so was maybe not even "in character".

Last edited:
Thought I was gonna be a fucking Hollywood superstar after my amazing cameo in Raining Stones.
Cheeky fucker cut me out of the scene I filmed. I blame him for everything that went wrong in my life since then!!

Kes is one of my top 3 films. So true to school life back in the day. Very much like my old school (St. Gregs in Ardwick).

Wasn't Colin Welland in it? Once of Z Cars and later did the screenplay for Chariots of Fire. Met him once when he was involved with running Fulham R.L. club, a good bloke.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.