Kevin De Bruyne - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a fun to watch him, glad to have a great player like him in the squad. Still young, surely there are a lot more to come. He has been superb this season, long may it continue.

Imo, Pep has to rest him though. I said it about both KDB & Silva & we lost Silva anyway. Imo, KDB will soon break down unless Pep rests him. That would be Pep's first major fuckup.

If we have everyone fit for Barca/Spurs we can beat both imo. If not, we could have problems.

Silva has shown signs of these niggly injuries for a while, KDB is at peak condition and gets better the more he plays. Silva has proven a great deal wrong this season, myself included, however, what he can't change is mother time, as he gets older it takes longer to recoup, KEvs in his prime, he also conserves energy in the way he plays, last weeks game being an exception as he literally run him self into the ground due to the set up..

Simply undroppable. I know there are the "I told you so" people but I think everyone can agree that his performances on average were sub-par in August. Now that he's fully fit, he's integrated completely into the side and looks every much like a Pep player. He has unbelievable passing rage and offers a direct threat which Silva and Gundogan don't (at least not to the same extent).

I have to agree..watching The KDB track back from the opposing corner flag,all the way back his OWN GOAL LINE during the euros suggests to me this is player with stamina to burn..when he wants or

needs to use it.Allied withthat football brain and sublime touch and vision,and Pep Guardianangel prompting him,its crazy to think what a player our kev could turn into.And yes, you do have to watch him closely to appreciate the ground he covers.

I accept, he, like a few others is still coming to terms with the new system.that is normal. we will see.. hopefully it really takes off at 12.30 on the 10th sept.2016.
Kevinhasdoneit!

Silva has shown signs of these niggly injuries for a while, KDB is at peak condition and gets better the more he plays. Silva has proven a great deal wrong this season, myself included, however, what he can't change is mother time, as he gets older it takes longer to recoup, KEvs in his prime, he also conserves energy in the way he plays, last weeks game being an exception as he literally run him self into the ground due to the set up..

High physical intensity of matches and longer playing time are some of the known risk factors for injuries, though of course one has to take into account every individual player's conditions and tries not to disrupt the flow. Emphasis should be put on improving flexibility and core stability as well. It should be noted, however, that a myriad of factors play a role, so it would be better not to generalize any situations. I don't know if you are praising him or not with the comment about conserving energy, but my observation is that he made a lot of high-speed sprints. And then there is of course the distance covered. Unless you want to talk about him not jumping or giving his all in 50-50s or changing his directions of running? That would really be an insult to his stellar performance.

And for the record, age does not appear to be a risk factor of quadriceps strain, nor are there any scientific data proving that a 30-year-old would need significantly longer recovery time than a 20-year-old. A 40-year-old would be a different case. In reality it is very difficult to say that if an athlete passes a certain age then mother time will shortly catch up with him, or that if a player is in his prime he can play more than 50 games a year. There is no clear cut-off line. Sometimes it is very dangerous to apply common sense to individual cases. Signs of these niggly injuries for a while ... this is the first time I hear that a knock is difficult to treat lol. A knock that will not go away should not be classified as a knock at all.

A small thing. A few weeks back Pep was asked a question in Spanish about where he preferred to see KDB play. The answer via the translator was something like "I prefer him outside". That translator should be sacked. What he actually said was "he can play outside (wide), but I prefer him in the middle". A Spanish speaker who watched the press conference corrected me on it.

Totally logical with the number of wingers we have and the paucity of players who can play in that free 8 role in front of Ferna. And also just because it's quite clear just how amazing Kev looks playing that position.

High physical intensity of matches and longer playing time are some of the known risk factors for injuries, though of course one has to take into account every individual player's conditions and tries not to disrupt the flow. Emphasis should be put on improving flexibility and core stability as well. It should be noted, however, that a myriad of factors play a role, so it would be better not to generalize any situations. I don't know if you are praising him or not with the comment about conserving energy, but my observation is that he made a lot of high-speed sprints. And then there is of course the distance covered. Unless you want to talk about him not jumping or giving his all in 50-50s or changing his directions of running? That would really be an insult to his stellar performance.

And for the record, age does not appear to be a risk factor of quadriceps strain, nor are there any scientific data proving that a 30-year-old would need significantly longer recovery time than a 20-year-old. A 40-year-old would be a different case. In reality it is very difficult to say that if an athlete passes a certain age then mother time will shortly catch up with him, or that if a player is in his prime he can play more than 50 games a year. There is no clear cut-off line. Sometimes it is very dangerous to apply common sense to individual cases. Signs of these niggly injuries for a while ... this is the first time I hear that a knock is difficult to treat lol. A knock that will not go away should not be classified as a knock at all.

Is that right out of your university text book? You patronising little shit...

Firstly, age is a huge barometer in a players decline, common sense can indeed be applied, especially in football. There's a variable between leagues in intensity, inevitably a players ability to perform at the highest level, especially in the premiership, will see a decline at an earlier age, surely logic? Now if they're managed appropriately, which was the original narrative, then a player can break trend, however, isolated injuries have a degree of hampering levels of performance as it doesn't afford them the necessary down time... Fortunately now we have a squad that does in our key areas...

And you aren't sure if I'm praising him because you're unable to follow dialogue...

A small thing. A few weeks back Pep was asked a question in Spanish about where he preferred to see KDB play. The answer via the translator was something like "I prefer him outside". That translator should be sacked. What he actually said was "he can play outside (wide), but I prefer him in the middle". A Spanish speaker who watched the press conference corrected me on it.

Totally logical with the number of wingers we have and the paucity of players who can play in that free 8 role in front of Ferna. And also just because it's quite clear just how amazing Kev looks playing that position.

Can you let shalem know!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.