Kevin De Bruyne - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the thing, we have a lot of players who can play in different positions & that isn't restricted to a game by game basis, it can happen in the same game.

As for DeBruyne, he can run the show in the centre, or he can do a specific job out wide. He is the best crosser of a ball at the club, so there is no reason not to use him in that role if the manager fancies it. Or against Barca for instance, Pep may decide that playing all 3 of Gundogan, Fern & Silva, is more solid & then use KDB as one of the front 3, but also dropping back into midfield with Sterling or Sane doing the same, to make a 5. That would be a pretty dangerous counter attacking unit, which can also pass it & press as good as anyone imo.
It's a shit problem to have isn't it, so many world class players we're not sure how to shoehorn them all in, I'm sure Pep knows his own mind on this and that's all that really matters, bet there's a few managers shitting themselves this season :-)

It's a shit problem to have isn't it, so many world class players we're not sure how to shoehorn them all in, I'm sure Pep knows his own mind on this and that's all that really matters, bet there's a few managers shitting themselves this season :-)

Imo, Pep has to rest him though. I said it about both KDB & Silva & we lost Silva anyway. Imo, KDB will soon break down unless Pep rests him. That would be Pep's first major fuckup.

If we have everyone fit for Barca/Spurs we can beat both imo. If not, we could have problems.

Imo, Pep has to rest him though. I said it about both KDB & Silva & we lost Silva anyway. Imo, KDB will soon break down unless Pep rests him. That would be Pep's first major fuckup.

If we have everyone fit for Barca/Spurs we can beat both imo. If not, we could have problems.
That's probably what I was getting at, we can rest anyone of them without intrinsically weakening the team

I know all these things mate, I'm just puzzled. I was listening to CityWatch's yesterday podcast and they were discussing the same thing: how to shoehorn all three in one lineup. Moving KdB slightly wide was one of the options. Silva can also play as LW in some games.

You're right in your own way, I've used wrong words. I mean the ability to pass in tight spaces under pressure, to shield the ball, to turn quickly. Like Silva. Not the simple passing itself.
I still think KDB can pass in tight spaces under pressure just as good as Silva and Gundogan. I don't recall him ever losing possession except for when he tries the riskier through passes, which lowers his passing %.

Interesting, thanks both. I think he might rest KDB or at least sub him at halftime.

To be fair either of these should be good enough against B'mouth (no disrespect)

Fernando
Ferds Gundogan

Ferds
Gundogan Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.