Kevin De Bruyne - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't really agree with this part completely. KDB was in the top10 of most distance covered in the first 5 (i think) PL games this season. NR1 in the city squad. I do agree he looks tired at the end of each game though. He might have pushed himself too far last game.
Agree.

Pep's philosophy isn't to rush, rush, rush - on defense or offense - whenever possible. Rather, it's to play intelligently - rush when necessary or helpful.

Perhaps KDB just needs to use his energy more wisely.

OtOH, Nasri just seems to glide across the field - never tired, always open, always moving. It's this that KDB lacks most (effortless movement into open positions).

Debate all you want but Kevin is a footballing masterpiece who will be a loss to us no matter what anyone says. 'Only Messi sits at the top table and then Kevin can sit beside him' I think Pep knows best. That all being said, we have the players to cope in his absence it just might it be as fluent or perhaps as easy.

While it's obviously a big disappointment, I must admit I'm very much looking forwards to seeing the Silva and Gundogan link up.
I imagine we'll look less deadly on the break but Silva and Gundogan should be able to keep the ball for fun.

Pellegrini has gone, Silva is incredibly intelligent and I'm guessing he's already being instructed to look to move the ball forwards as quickly as possible when he sees fit.
Gundogan was the lynchpin in the BVB side that moved the ball forward as quick as I've ever seen. His football brain is already evident. So I don't think we'll miss him too much.
We will miss his set plays and his ability to score at any minute though.

If Sane can get up to speed I'd like to see Nolito given a go in the advanced midfield role. He's combative, high energy with a great brain and looks to move the ball quickly. perhaps he could carry some of the work load?

Garcia looked very comfortable and offers more than decent back up.

Shame Nasri didn't fancy sticking around, for my money he'd have looked fantastic in the hole left by De Bruyne.

Then there's Kolarov, no.3,no.5 why not no.8? No one moves the ball through the lines quicker than Kolarov.

Kev will be a big miss, but will be covered hopefully. If Silva Gundogan pick up a knock, Pep will really have to earn his crust.

In a weird way, his ability to solve problems are as fascinating as his football.

A lot of would-be-doctors on here if you ask me. I don't see much point in speculating about what has caused De Bruyne's injury, let alone point a finger at him for being wreckless with his energy etc. Like any other player (I hope), I think he just wants to give his best for the team. Players need to focus on the game, you can't expect them to deliberately build in injury prevention into their game. It's all out or nothing. Some players just get injured more easily than others too. Is it because of how their muscles are built, what their blood looks like ... I don't know, I'm not a doctor :)

And now some guy reported it's a tear in hamstring. From bad to worse.

"Some guy" haha.

From the MEN they're saying Everton at home after the international break might be one too soon but we'll have to see.

And now some guy reported it's a tear in hamstring. From bad to worse.

Some guy?

You seem very quick to post adverse news and you also dont like Pep much.

I note you are from Moscow and i think you are a Barca fan but remember this is a City site and we have a code of conduct.

If you want to post something like you have done then you also need to provide a link to it otherwise it will be dealt with as if you are on the wum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.