Kevin De Bruyne - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, its payback for this incredible intensive football. Klopp in Dortmund and Pep in his second season in Bayern had more injuries than any other Europe team.

Kevin poor performance vs Swansey could be already a sign of fatigue.

I hope Gundogan and Silva would be ok. If one of them also pick injury who may step in?
Yes, last year Liverpool under Klopp, also had an incredible number of injuries. We need a deep squad to cope.

Yes, last year Liverpool under Klopp, also had an incredible number of injuries. We need a deep squad to cope.
To be honest, I've started to look at injuries for such players as KDB as an opportunity to rest the player.
Modern football demands mean that a player such as Kev can only really get a rest when a hamstring etc goes..when he is fatigued as in the euros with Belgium ,the sparkle goes,he is not so readily able to carry out the instinctive ball playing skills he is capable of...I wouldn't wish injury on any City player,but if our Kevin gets a rest and comes back on full form I will be happy.

Had an immaculate injury record before coming here. I'd be less worried about De Bruyne and more worried about our medical team.

Why ? did the medical team injure his hamstring ? It's all this pressing game we're doing all of a sudden. Klopp had issues with one or two of his players last season but they now seem to be better conditioned. This is why I see Liverpool winning the league. On form they are playing fabulous football like us but they won't have the injuries that we will suffer because all they have is the league to focus on.

I don't believe these injuries are a result of our pressing game. Our injury list was phenomenal last year and if we were playing a "pressing game", then I didn't see it.

So... a month without de bruyne..... very bad loss...
Could have come at a worse time. Week after next is international week. Looks like he will miss Celtic away, Spurs away, Everton at home and possibly the Barcelona game. You'd think we can manage Celtic away and Everton at home. Spurs away will be a big miss but fingers crossed for a quick recovery and back for Barcelona.

I am betting he comes back early for the Barcelona game. Kev would be dying to play Barca I bet.

Why ? did the medical team injure his hamstring ? It's all this pressing game we're doing all of a sudden. Klopp had issues with one or two of his players last season but they now seem to be better conditioned. This is why I see Liverpool winning the league. On form they are playing fabulous football like us but they won't have the injuries that we will suffer because all they have is the league to focus on.
We have every right to question our medical team. Why are they beyond criticism ? This is another NON impact soft tissue injury, the kind of which has caused us untold problems in recent years ( since 2012). If our "crack" medical and conditioning team was so good why cant they help Vinnie, not to mention addressing our deplorable record with soft tissue injuries recently. Our players health/fitness is the only threat to us winning the league and I just hope Pep gets this right with the new people he brought in.

Even when he's not at his best he never goes hiding and always has the ability to change a game. He has the best range of passing I have ever seen. Get well soon Kev!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.