Kevin De Bruyne - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
We coped when Aguero and Silva were out, we're coping fine without Kompany, and we'll Cope fine without De Bruyne.

Who's Yaya nowadays. Not missing him are we ? Not too long ago it was all doom and fucking gloom if a key player or two were out injured. Nowadays we can cope under Pep's team play.

Gundogan can adequately cover for Kev's absence. He may not be as direct, but his intelligence will make up for it.

To be fair, we didn't press the opposition once last season and were inundated with injuries. So I don't think it has anything to do with pressing.
I don't think so either.
Besides, two or three injuries at the same time is pretty standard. And you shouldn't even take Kompany into consideration (because the man unfortunately is always injured), so it's just De Bruyne from the starting XI right now, that's okay.
I think as long as 2 out of De Bruyne, Silva & Gündo are fit, there won't be too many problems (in the league, CL is something else). I can even see Garcia playing a role this season.

He will be a massive miss. He has an unrivalled end product. But if we win without him, as we did without Kun then it can turn into a positive.

He will be a massive miss. He has an unrivalled end product. But if we win without him, as we did without Kun then it can turn into a positive.
I think Celtic away is a game that would have been made for him. We will miss his directness and ability to play the right quick ball when we break. With him, I think it would have been a very comfortable win. Without him, it will be a win I hope but not as easy. Hurry back Kev.

KDB was my favorite signing of last year - I've even purchased a KDB jersey!

Yet, KDB is still learning how best to play under Pep's system. As good as KDB has been, for me, he's not moved into open positions easily enough when we have the ball and his stamina to continue moving and pressing isn't there yet.

Moreover, we have tremendous alternatives in the 10/8 roles - Silva and Gundogan.

So although KDB's injury sucks... I don't think it will immediately impact our performance, barring injuries to Silva/Gundogan.

He is unreplaceable in what he does but I expect Pep will know how to move the team so that we dont miss him as much as we would of under previous managers.

The silver lining in this if there is one is the 2 week international break and I never thought I would look forward to one of those on the horizon again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.