Kevin De Bruyne 2016/17

I've said it in other threads, but we're falling in to the Real Madrid trap of playing our biggest stars. It's time we started playing our best team.

It's never more prevalent than with Silva and De Bruyne either. Same with Nasri. Best in the middle, a compromise out wide. Sterling and Navas should be our starting wide players whenever they are fit and ready to go. They go forward, they get back. You put one of Silva or De Bruyne out there and without a monster of a fullback or midfielders willing to always go across to cover we're just asking for trouble, yet we do it time and time again.

Realistically though this situation is going to crop up until the end of time. Times to buy good players replacement rarely coincide perfectly with that player leaving.

I think he's wasted out wide. I think he could be excellent playing in Yaya's role.

------------ Delph ------ Dinho----------
---------------------KDB-------------------
Silva ----------------------------Sterling
--------------------Kun--------------------

So rather than an number 10 he's more of a CM with a free role. Let him dictate the game from a deeper role and have a license to get forward with two defensive minded midfielders covering him.

He could replicate Lampard and Gerrard for us. Plus his range of passing would be ideal for Kun and Sterling's movement.

I think he's wasted out wide. I think he could be excellent playing in Yaya's role.

------------ Delph ------ Dinho----------
---------------------KDB-------------------
Silva ----------------------------Sterling
--------------------Kun--------------------

So rather than an number 10 he's more of a CM with a free role. Let him dictate the game from a deeper role and have a license to get forward with two defensive minded midfielders covering him.

He could replicate Lampard and Gerrard for us. Plus his range of passing would be ideal for Kun and Sterling's movement.

He is ONLY a number 10 imo,(i would start Nacho anyway) also change Dave to Navman and you have a team.

He is ONLY a number 10 imo,(i would start Nacho anyway) also change Dave to Navman and you have a team.

But he's quite clearly not "only a ten" is he? He's played in CM in the past, and he's played some of the best games of his life on the wing for Belgium.

Despite it blindingly obvious we're a better team with Navas over De Bruyne there would mutiny if Pellegrini did it regularly.

Certain things work at City and aren't broke yet we try to fix them. This is where I feel a little sorry for the manager. My best bet, Pellegrini would love to play Navas over De Bruyne, but try justifying that to your boss who's spent £50 million on him. De Bruyne doesn't suit our system, for me it's him or Silva for the no 10 or advanced midfield role. It's a no brainer, Silva is miles ahead of him.

Ya Ya and Fernandinho also works, but fans and media a like start to cry when we concede. As I've put on anothe thread, our shambolic defence, is no more shambolic than any other defence.

I think Pellegrini has a set way of playing, he should stick with it. To me he seems to be trying too hard to accommodate too many parties. He should be less charming and more determined. He's got 4 months left, he should play the team he wants, if he pisses of De Bruyne, Txiki or some fans so be it.

I agree with Shaelum, I think we have an obvious starting xi for the majority of our games, and that doesn't include De Bruyne.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.