Kevin De Bruyne - 2018/19 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't talk to my Sunday league manager for a week if I got subbed off in a game, while I was playing. Which was awkward, because we used to carpool to work

He’s not at the top of his game yet, a fair bit from it, but that ferocity, that tigerish turn and pass that only he has, that’s there, all right. I’ve got a good feeling about the run-in to the end of the season.

I know it's sacrilegious to say so, but if we had one player in the squad who could peel off to the far post & win headers, we could score 20 more goals every season.

They wouldn't even have to be direct headers, Sergio or GJ would get a shitload just from the ball nodded back in.

Is Peter Crouch still alive?

The way we set up the only players who could do that really would be the wingers and neither can head the ball.

As we line up now, yes (maybe if we had two strikers on).

In the past, Colin Bell would get there from midfield for example (& win every single header nowardays) & still be effective everywhere else, there is a decent chance Fernandinho could do it, if we had another solid midfield player to allow him that freedom. Within the present squad though, we have nobody ideal really.

Considering every team in Europe is working on ways to stop us though, irrespective of whether we win the title this season or not, I think we should explore every option & not just assume that a squad full of brilliant attacking shortarses will succeed in winning every game, forever.

We should look to surprise people imo.

As we line up now, yes (maybe if we had two strikers on).

In the past, Colin Bell would get there from midfield for example (& win every single header nowardays) & still be effective everywhere else, there is a decent chance Fernandinho could do it, if we had another solid midfield player to allow him that freedom. Within the present squad though, we have nobody ideal really.

Considering every team in Europe is working on ways to stop us though, irrespective of whether we win the title this season or not, I think we should explore every option & not just assume that a squad full of brilliant attacking shortarses will succeed in winning every game, forever.

We should look to surprise people imo.

I don't see how we could do it with midfielders without sacrificing the ring around the opposition box which wins the ball back and pens them in.

Feels like he's playing like he's got something to prove or is making up for lost time.

I feel that too. He is desperate to play every minute now. He just needs to channel it. Wasting energy in a game that is done and dusted is pointless when he is just returning and there are bigger games to come.

His commitment should drive us on. We have a tough run of games in Feb but his desire and passion could make the difference.

I don't see how we could do it with midfielders without sacrificing the ring around the opposition box which wins the ball back and pens them in.

We still get players in the box now, they are just no good at doing that kind of job.

If Bernardo Silva had Bell's heading ability for example, we wouldn't have to change anything, KDB would just keep setting him up & it would be pretty much impossible to defend against.

I feel that too. He is desperate to play every minute now. He just needs to channel it. Wasting energy in a game that is done and dusted is pointless when he is just returning and there are bigger games to come.

His commitment should drive us on. We have a tough run of games in Feb but his desire and passion could make the difference.

I'm wondering what his record is since he came back. Seems to have scored or assisted every time he's been on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.