Kevin Horlock Appreciation Thread

Absolute legend, super Kev. Pretty sure the aggressive walking sending off was down at Bournemouth, it was St Valentine's weekend. I took my girlfriend on a romantic weekend away to the south coast conveniently coinciding with City's game. Her first City game (and last), our end of the ground was packed, standing in the terrace the start was delayed 10 or 15 minutes to allow us all in. Two City players were sent off, super Kev and another, nil nil draw, cheers City:-) We're no longer together, who said romance is dead!

Wheelsy said:
City's Bobby Charlton.

wash your mouth out fella. Kevin Horlock was never ridiculously overrated like the bald boring one was

mancunial said:
didn,t kev get sent off for aggressive walking once, think it was sheff united, can anyone confirm, but going back to that goal as soon as it hit the net the board went up with 5 glorious minutes up?

Sent off at Bournemouth for his aggressive walk.

Im just trying to think who signed super kev. I think it was Frank Clark. If it was it must be the only thing he got right. A great servant during a painful period. Along with the Goat, Dickov and yes, i think i will include Wiekins, i wont ever forget the contribution they made to get City back in the Premier League.

auction294 said:
Thought I would start a new topic on Kevin Horlock as he's just been mentioned in another post.

We all remember the stunning strike by Paul Dickov at Wembley, and he is a hero \ legend with us but I do have sympathy for Kevin Horlock . The first goal, his goal is very rarely mentioned and without that one there wouldn't have been the second more famous goal. I genuinely believe had we not escaped the gloom of Division 2 that season we wouldn't be where we are today, and that the club would have had even darker times. So for that goal Kevin, and the years you played for us as a shining star in a sea of shit I thank you.

Always liked Super Kev. He was a major player in the back to back promotions of 98/99 and 99/00.

He was below par like every other player under Joe's 'Dogs of War' Premiership shocker in 2000/01 season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.