Kevin Horlock Appreciation Thread

felixbg said:
mancunial said:
didn,t kev get sent off for aggressive walking once, think it was sheff united, can anyone confirm, but going back to that goal as soon as it hit the net the board went up with 5 glorious minutes up?

northampton town
bournemouth

Never seemed to get the recognition he deserved outside of the City fans. Supporters of other clubs would often mention people like Goater and Dickov and praise them, but never a mention for Super Kev.

Still, at least we recognise his massive contribution to the cause.

Whatever you're doing now Kev, we'll always appreciate you.

He's 38 now , and i don't know what he's been doing for the past year , but he was still playing up until 2009 ......

from wikipedia .....

Horlock signed for Eastern Counties League Premier Division side Needham Market as player/assistant manager on a twelve-month contract on 8 August 2008 , until August 2009.

looks like he's still there too ... if you click on squad>>first team players

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.needhammarketfc.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.needhammarketfc.co.uk/</a>

cleavers said:
One of those rare footballers who you only notice when they're not playing, was only talking about him with my lad on Wednesday night.

Looks like he's in the peter Beagrie mould , one of those rare players who plays simply for the 'love of the game' too ...... rather than one driven by money ....... to be still playing at 38 years of age would suggest that.

Alongside Alan Oakes and Paul Bosveldt; one of the most underrated Players to wear Sky Blue. A wonderful Footballer.

ifiwasarichfan said:
Alongside Alan Oakes and Paul Bosveldt; one of the most underrated Players to wear Sky Blue. A wonderful Footballer.

Wasnt it "lazer blue" at the time :-)

Was also vital in Keegans promotion season, sitting in the midfield aloud us to play so many attacking players!

Can I also mention his cross for Goaters goal against Blackburn in the 4-1 promotion game in 2000.....An example of his fantastic left foot, a sublime ball.

Super Kev will always go down as one of my all time favourites!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.