Kevin Horlock!!!

Mr Reliable, one of my favourite players of that era.
Had to chuckle at him talking about his fear of taking penalties. I thought he was going to cry when he stepped up first at Wembley.

love super kev. i remember when he was signing autographs and missed me out and drove off. he obviously clocked my gutted face, reversed and signed my autograph book. seemed a really nice bloke. i always felt confident in his penalty taking aswell.

"seeing Gillingham’s center-halves cuddling when the ball was down in our half",

They did that?? Wankers.

yeah there is a link on the sidebar of the site that had the interview: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.kevinhorlockschooloffootball.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.kevinhorlockschooloffootball.co.uk/</a>

Kevin Horlock was a great player for city. Yes his lack of pace did prevent him from being among the best. I remember his debut at oxford, a 3-1 win when it was said he was brought in to be kinkys "minder". He did play a season in the Premier League for city, i was at Anfield when he scored a penalty infront of the kop. Top servant for city during a real crucial era, but if you were there, you do look back on that era with great fondness.

I've got to admit I put Super Kev in the same bracket as the Goat, Dickov, Rosler, Kinki, Weavs, Tiatto, Andy Morrison - all absolute legends for us when we needed it most. The bond between the players and fans in those days was unbeatable, just raw passion and emotion. I miss the good old days (well considering I'm only 27). Best time ever to be a City fan. It just goes to show that no matter what division we're in, where we are, how shit we are - CTID.

I can't remember who it was against (I think it was a 1-0 home win against Sheff Utd) and we were getting bullied and battered, they were kicking us left, right and centre in a proper old school physical battle. Then in the last few minutes Michael Brown absolutely clattered somebody with a two footed tackle near the corner flag, the ref blew for a foul immediately but Super Kev was so committed to the tackle that he then dived in two footed again clattering whoever it was coming to pick up the loose ball. Both of their players lay injured on the pitch within about 2 yards of each other. I think I cheered more for those two tackles than I did the goal.

stonerblue said:
'SUPER, SUPER KEV, SUPER KEVIN HORLOCK.'

great player, met his brother at an england game, he was a sound bloke as well despite being a milwall fan , he told me kevin loved playing for City

I was also a big Super Kev fan. He scored some crucial goals for us. I also sneaked in the Midland hotel for the after season party and it's fair to say Kev also knows how to party! Good to know that he still follows the blues - top man.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.