Kevin Horlock!!!

Me and Stonie were directly behind the goal for Super Kev's winner against Wolves in the Championship season. He got some curl on that shot.

Been thinking...was it Big Joe's reign when he got us up?

brianstrousers said:
jimharri said:
As has already been said on here, he was a very important part of those back to back promotion sides. Perhaps he hasn't attained the iconic status of Dickov, the Goat and Weaver but he was as vital to that team as any of those players. Thanks for everything Kevin.
Wiekins wasn't far behind
Good point. He did an important job for us and scored the occasional (emphasis on 'occasional'!) goal as well. The winner at Stoke in early '99 (?) springs to mind.

Super Super Kev
Super Super Kev
Super Super Kev
Super Kevin Horlock!

Also remember a very important goal for us when Wolves were top of the league and we were second and Horlock scored in a 1-0 win! Also a game we all gave Lescott a massive berrating and booing as he 'did' Ali B who had to cone off I think!

City should get Kev at the CoMS as a special guest as this guy is a very important player for us and let him get his proper goodbye for and from the fans!!!

jimharri said:
brianstrousers said:
Wiekins wasn't far behind
Good point. He did an important job for us and scored the occasional (emphasis on 'occasional'!) goal as well. The winner at Stoke in early '99 (?) springs to mind.

Loved a bit of Wiekens, went back to the club we got him (2 club player) from and was still playing this year at 37.

yeh i think weikens played his last game last season and has now retired and as i said in another post somewher ei would love to see that promotion team paraded at eastlands before a game next season.

Yes gota say he has bien one of may favs to dawn the blue shirt,never gave anything less than 100% and he looked as though he genuinley loved playing for city,i know were now after bigger fish but i hope the likes of super kev the goat david white and the likes will not be easily forgoten

Bumping up this topic because I just read this interview with Super Kev:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfcforum.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=8:mcfcforum-interviews-kevin-horlock&catid=2:player-q-a-a-sessions&Itemid=79" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfcforum.com/index.php?opti ... &Itemid=79</a>

Brilliant player for us and although Dickov gets remembered rightly for the Gillingham goal I always think Super Kevs goal gets missed and should share the honour of one of life changing most important goals of our time. Then he scored his pen. Always played well in our Big games of that time. People shouldn't forget he played a big role in an era where most teams would play two men in midfield as opposed to the modern day often three. He will have had to do a helluva lot of running. I would like to say that I think Kevin Horlock in a midfield three of today's game would be a great assets for most teams.

One of my favourite ever City players.

We always seem to have threads naming a worst City 11 but very rarely a favourite (favourite not best) 11 from your time watching City.

Forgetting Defenders - and Playing the now fashionable 2 -3 -1: My choice was Asa and Superkev holding for Kinky,Bell and the King of all Geordies. The Goat with his beautiful hips,shoulders and knees up front.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.