Kevin Keegan

As many have said the promotion season was brilliant. Showed it was possible for a city team to beat a United one and more importantly established us a premier league club. Sadly it all went wrong with his habit starting in 2003 of signing has been ex England internationals. All in all though a good guy who helped our club.

The club have made a video for his 70th birthday. Some great memories there. Probably my favourite time watching City until the takeover.

Thanks for posting this, really loved the Keegan era, some awesome football, and loads of goals (at both ends it has to be said!!!). Loved it!!

My dad is a GP and one of his patients worked for the club in some capacity back then (can't for the life of me remember what). He obtained me a collection of signed pictures from those at the club including Keegan himself, Mills, Thatcher, Macken, Anelka etc. I was absolutely buzzing being 11 years old at the time. Got them all framed and lives on my wall to this day. Good memories.

We played some fantastic football under Kevin Keegan. He probably doesn’t get enough credit for his astute signings IMO. Initially bringing in Pearce, Berkovic and Benarbia during the promotion 2001/2002 season and then Anelka, MVF ( RIP ), Distin and Schmeichel for the 2002/2003 premiership season. Probably ballsed it up when he went all in for Fowler and fell out with Bernstein. Great memories though.

Had the pleasure to meet him. Albeit not more than a minute. Friend who is a Charlton fan arranged it. He was an admirer of Keegan as well.
We than beat Charlton 3-0. Opening game 2003/2004. Sunny day. Great memory. Like many on here Keegans’ team and style of okay was pure pleasure.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.