Khaldoon Interview on OS

PrestwichPeteMcfc said:
Has anyone got any idea how much time (approx) Khaldoon spends on City in an average working week?

One of the main strengths of our ownership and executive set up is that, unlike other clubs with wealthy owners, the day to day running is left to capable executives - Txiki (football) and Glick (operations) reporting to Soriano. Khaldoon seems to be a very good mediator between the Manchester team and the owner.

Way to much I guess, because he loves football..The weeks after the New York launch have seen him devoting himself to his business duties 100%

Jun 3, 2013
Mubadala and ICD are merging their aluminium assets creating a $15bn giant, with the Abu Dhabi investor buying half of the Aluminium smelter in Jebel Ali.
The joint venture expects to add 2,000 new jobs by 2020 and estimates that a further 6,000 indirect jobs will be created by a growing aluminium sector in the country.
"The creation of a new global industrial champion anchored in the UAE is an important step towards realising our vision for a diversified and sustainable economy," said Khaldoon Khalifa Al Mubarak, Mubadala's chief executive and the chairman of the new company

Exeter Blue I am here said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
Bodicoteblue said:
I think there is a huge divide now between some of the "old school " City fans who have fond memories of wet , cold days at Maine Road with match days looking something like a Lowry painting and all the horrible disasters and cock-ups that made this great club and its supporters what it is today and some of the more pragmatic amongst us. Of course we must never forget our history but we must not let it dictate our future .
Lots of us rightly saying that we must try not to be the cynical , corporate entities that the scum have become , and , as an old git myself , I despise bland corporate speak but we must move with the times . We will always be City fans first and foremost whoever is in charge and whoever pulls on that blue shirt and that is vital for this club.
The sheikh , Khaldoon , and all the big business types that are now ( thankfully ) in charge of City's future have a vision untainted by its past, and , as billyshears said , it is amazing to see some of the cynicism of some of the contributors on this thread .
Khaldoon may not have been at York away , but he's going to take us to bigger and better places than that!
Great post. It sums up a great deal about the chasm which exists among our support. When you think of where we've come from and where we're going to, could it ever be any other way?

Me? I want this club to be all it can be. When I stood on those crumbling terraces in those "shit grounds" with "no fans" did I dream about my team dining at the top table again, challenging for trophies and being in Europe? Of course I did.

There is no nobility in poverty. Being shit, as someone said on here once, is shit.

Fate has dealt me, as someone who decided to follow City, against his family's expectations at the age of seven, an unexpected and wonderful hand and I'm fucked if I'm going to pass it up.

Seven? Bloody Johnny Come Latelys! ;)

Seriously though, you can count me in on all of that as well. Standing in the fog and rain watching a City side comprising 4 centre halves across the back and 4 one paced defensive midfielders across the middle, lose 1-0 to bloody Wycombe at the end of an industrial estate, might be something that defines us and helps keep our feet on the ground, but I sure as hell don't want to go back to it!

Me too. I was also at that Wycombe game - although, in fairness, I live approx 25 miles from there so I did far to go that night. Losing to them though was the pits. I prefer where we are now and, as has always been the case, I want us to become the best club in the world.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.