Khaldoon interview

@Akiva

I: How many players would you envisage coming in this summer then?

K: (laughs). I think you'll see us continue in the same range of players in terms of number as we have done in the past, plus or minus. We've been pretty consistent and I would say sustainable on that basis. If you look at our last 2 or 3 windows, the number of players we have done and that continuous change in the squad has worked well fro us and I think this year we will see more of that. There are particular positions that are clear and you can we'll talk about the players that are exiting, that you know are exiting right now and that will give you are clear indication of the positions that are high priority for us to fill.

I: So full backs will be...

K: Full backs is clear, both on the right and left, are areas that require some investment from our side. Pep relies heavily upon that position and the way he plays and I think you've seen glimpses of that this year, he has a big affinity to that full back position on the right and left and he has a particular requirement in terms of the type of players that fit the role he wants for that position. So that clearly requires some work, we know exactly what Pep wants and Pep more importantly knows exactly what he wants and I hope we will be successful in the players he needs.

I: We learned today that WIlly Caballero is leaving, a goalkeeping slot there. Without the whole question of Joe Hart and what happens with him...

K: No. You should expect us to bring in a goalkeeper and thats another area that requires some work. Pep knows exactly what he needs and we've done a lot of work on this area and I think also our target has been set and hopefully you'll be hearing soon what we're going to be doing in that area.

more transcript to follow...

I don't like it, we have assurances that Vinny, Kun and Yaya are important and valued members of the squad, but nothing at all about Kola

Could Pep be planning on getting rid of a fans favourite?

Something like that.

That's never been a doubt for me.

It never felt like a footballing decision.

Indeed, if Joe was rocking the boat and dripping poison everywhere then we can hardly fault the decision.

What happened after with Bravo is more than strange. A top GK that has basically fell off a cliff.

The 37 million or whatever we are about to shell on ederson is not money we anticipated spending this time last year.

In fact, reading between the lines, we could have saved an absolute fucking fortune in keepers if Hart would have had the right attitude.

@Akiva

I: Just to cover the fans favourites or the spine of the old team if you'd like; Hart, Kompany, Silva, Yaya, Aguero. How many of them will be here? Will Sergio Aguero be at Manchester City next season?

K: Absolutely. There has never been a doubt about that. I have read a lot about the speculation on this and it's ridiculous. Sergio Aguero is one of the best players in the world and we are a team that aspires to win every competition, we compete, having Sergio Aguero as part of the squad is an absolute must. There has never been a doubt.

I: No question about David Silva, who has probably been the most underrated player...

K: David Silva is one of the most talented players in the world and it baffles me, truly baffles me...

I: Not just you by the way, it baffles all of us...

K: I mean, how could he still be so underrated in the UK, it is an enigma to me. He is so respected everywhere in the world but for some reason, always misses out on the big awards in the UK and it's ridiculous frankly.

I: And Yaya and Vincent. Yaya I understand has been offered another contract?

K: Yaya has shown us this year, again and again, how he can contribute to this team. Yaya is one of the players that has been over the last 6 years, has been instrumental to the success of this club and this year has been another year in which he has shown us on the pitch the type of personality he is how he continues to be a player that can give this team, to our organisation. Pep has obviously, as you have seen this year, given a lot of trust and confidence in him. So Yaya, I hope will be with us and continue this journey with us.

Vincent Kompany is our captain. I am absolutely delighted for Vincent with the way he ended our season.It has been an extremely difficult journey for him. You know once you how into a vicious injury cycle that he went on, it is so frustrating. I have felt for him, really throughout the last 2 years and it has not been easy I know, watching the rest of the team play and dealing with some of the injuries he has had. But he has dealt with it, he has shown the personality that we all know he has, his leadership and his commitment to not allow these injuries to beat him. He has handled it exceptionally well and if you look at his end of the season I am absolutely delighted for him and I look forward to him next year giving us a continuation of what we have seen in the last 8 games.

more transcript to follow...

Absolutely love this guy......The way he said "dont congratulate me on 3rd place"

He wants to win and is willing to give us his full support to make that happen....as always great interview!

That's never been a doubt for me.

It never felt like a footballing decision.

Indeed, if Joe was rocking the boat and dripping poison everywhere then we can hardly fault the decision.

What happened after with Bravo is more than strange. A top GK that has basically fell off a cliff.

The 37 million or whatever we are about to shell on ederson is not money we anticipated spending this time last year.

In fact, reading between the lines, we could have saved an absolute fucking fortune in keepers if Hart would have had the right attitude.

And feet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.