Khaldoon

He got an existential decision hugely wrong by backing Sorriano’s flawed analysis
Made his enemies at PSG, who quite rightly told the G14 super league architects to fuck right off, look like the good guys and thus giving them a free run at powerful UEFA positions and influence. And locking us out for eternity
It was a huge and disastrous strategic own goal. Can’t be dressed up in any other way

The idea that even without joining the ESL City Executives would have had a shot at gaining influence within UEFA given everything that's gone on between us is for the birds.

I guess i take my comparisons differently than some people here. ESL v1, was indeed a mistake, but if you digest the direction of football, FIFA situation, the systemic corruption and illness the entire scene has become, you could understand the idea being visionary and independent.

A conservative approach in certain aspects is necessary but football is a bit difficult to tie down for so long. Had the ESL worked, we as one of the most financial powerful, stable and the fastest growing brand, with the CFG network would have been a part of it, either from the beginning or by invitation.

It was a win-win, lose-lose. Damned if you do, damned if you don't scenario.

Now, back to my comparisons, if you want to gauge the quality, compare the runners of billionaire clubs, all you have to do is compare Woodward from the rags with our man.

The results, the direction, development, all of it. Different gravy.

I guess i take my comparisons differently than some people here. ESL v1, was indeed a mistake, but if you digest the direction of football, FIFA situation, the systemic corruption and illness the entire scene has become, you could understand the idea being visionary and independent.

A conservative approach in certain aspects is necessary but football is a bit difficult to tie down for so long. Had the ESL worked, we as one of the most financial powerful, stable and the fastest growing brand, with the CFG network would have been a part of it, either from the beginning or by invitation.

It was a win-win, lose-lose. Damned if you do, damned if you don't scenario.

Now, back to my comparisons, if you want to gauge the quality, compare the runners of billionaire clubs, all you have to do is compare Woodward from the rags with our man.

The results, the direction, development, all of it. Different gravy.

Hmm.. if the ESL had worked, the multi-club ownership model would have been made "illegal", infrastructure and other spending would have been limited and sponsorship from associated parties (ie anyone our directors have a relationship with) outlawed. We would have been fucked.

The only win was staying out and it falling apart. Bayern won. PSG won. Maybe by design, maybe by luck. We were just lucky we didn't lose out. Not so much a bullet dodged, rather the gun exploded in the ESL faces.

I live in hope we had something to do with that, we are so well-run normally, but I can't honestly see it.

He got an existential decision hugely wrong by backing Sorriano’s flawed analysis
Made his enemies at PSG, who quite rightly told the G14 super league architects to fuck right off, look like the good guys and thus giving them a free run at powerful UEFA positions and influence. And locking us out for eternity
It was a huge and disastrous strategic own goal. Can’t be dressed up in any other way
Do not think for one second that psg wouldn't have snapped the esl hands off if they were not balls deep in the world Cup.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.